Today, was SOOOO much better than yesterday and turned out to be a really fun day of crafting. I took two craft workshops at my LSS today and learned some great new techniques. I also met up with one of the Lady Buds (Kerry) from the Baby Bud Design Team!
The only downside is that I forget my camera, but luckily Kerry had hers, so we could get a quick picture to share! Here is a picture if Kerry and I taken at the store yesterday. I have to admit that neither of us love having our picture taken, but I did promise to share! Kerry is in the blue jacket and I'm wearing 'purple', of course! This picture was taken in the store, just after class! We have a great day! :)
We will meeting up again in April to take a Jennifer McGuire - Technique Treasury Workshop and I am very much looking forward to that too. Today's classes all focused on techniques and were taught by Kate, the store owner. I've taken a few of Kate's classes now and they are always awesome -- today was no exception.
Today we started with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and make a total of (10) different tags, each was different and each was created with a new technique. The classes are called IPT (by Kate) - Ink and Paint Techniques, will be ongoing and I know I'll go back for more. Today were completed IPT I and IPT II, which were combined into a nice morning and afternoon session. We had a hour break which was perfect, enough time for a little lunch and left over time to shop, of course! I enjoyed every minute and will be back tomorrow to share more details! This is a picture of all the products we worked with today:
You can hop over to Kerry's Blog to see her tags and I'm back with an update this morning (Sunday) to share some pictures of mine. We created five tags in each session, the morning session focused on Distress inks and the afternoon we added in Perfect Pearls...which I now LOVE!!
This picture is all ten of the tags and the one practice tag we started with. Kate provided us with the ring and had typed up a description of each technique, which we then added to the back of our tags. That way we can look a tag, flip it over and refresh our memory (much need for me), to re-create that technique.
Those of most of my favorites and the techniques are all actually quite easy to learn. I own all the distress inks and pretty much everything you need to recreate these. You can also use a variety of papers and cardstock colors for different variations. The possibilities are endless and we covered a lot of material. These IPT workshops, will also continue and I hope to take them all!
Oh....and I signed up a a complete Coloring Series that will run from March - September with one new class each month. Our first class starts next Saturday afternoon and in that class we'll be coloring with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, perfect for me, as I'm still very new to this coloring medium and have a lot to learn.
And on one very happy and personal note -- Today was my FIRST day to banish bulky winter coats and shoes...! Yuk!! My first official day of 2011 wearing 'Flip Flops' outside and for a full day!! The sun was shining and the temps were close to 50 -- and for this Girl, my flip flop season has officially begun! WOOHOO!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".


6 comments:
Sounds like you had a fabulous time and more to come.Great stuff. You going into flip flops and me....I had to wear long sleeves yesterday, our temps are coming down. Look forward to some pic's.
Luv CHRISSYxx
Oh Lisa I am so glad you had an awesome day!!! And how fun is it to meet people in person!! So great!! All those goodies look like fun, can't wait to see the new techniques you learned!!
Hi honey, so pleased you had a fun-filled crafting day... sounds wonderful sharing your hobby with some crafty friends. Yay for you that your Spring has started, whilst little ol' me is looking forward to wearing those boots 'n all... hugs, Sharon x
Hi there, yesterday sure was super fun!!! So happy that we lives so close. Can't wait until the next class. Hugs!
how cool is that?!?! sounds like you had a blast! :)
That is awesome that you guys met up at a class! Love the pic! Glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Krista
Post a Comment