Monday, March 14, 2011

Is it Monday already....???

......Why is it that the weekends always seem to fly by, yet the weekdays seem to drag on and on?   I had such a fun weekend and most of it was spent crafting and the best time was at the classes I took on Saturday at my LSS.   I totally enjoyed learning all kind of new and fun techniques and it was so much fun to meet Kerry.   Sunday flew by faster than ever, especially after losing an hour for Daylight Saving's Time.  Time sure flies when you are having FUN!!


     And speaking of fun, this morning I'm here to share a new challenge being hosted by StampFairy and delighted to invite you to join us.  StampFairy offers a new challenge every Monday.  The challenges are open to all, you simply need to include a StampFairy image to be eligible to WIN!!!


      Our fun new challenge this week can be found over at our Challenge Blog and this week we challenge to 'Show Us Your Green'.   You may create any type of challenge that you want, use any of the StampFairy Images, just be sure to include GREEN!!  You can find all the details along with some wonderful inspiration created by the Design Team over on the Challenge Blog. 


   For me, the first thing I always think of when I hear about Green in the month of March is -  St. Patrick's Day and that was the theme I used as inspiration for my card.   I picked out one of the new images from the 'Herb - St. Patrick's Day Collection' and was ready to begin.    I colored my Herb  image with my Copics and then cut a variety of nestabilities shapes in my Grand Calibur.  I picked out two middle layers and then embossed them in two different textures to give the card some extra dimension.   All of my papers for this card were from my scrap bin and even my sentiment was recycled from an old card, making my card also a "Green" card in that sense.  It was really fun to create and this will be my Mom's St. Patrick's Day card.  She is 100% Irish and always enjoys celebrating St. Patrick's Day!

    My very bright and happy St. Patrick's Day card is also being submitted to these fun new challenges:

    And since we want you ALL to have a chance to win,  please be sure to use one of our images.   If you are new to StampFairy and have not started your collection, you can feel free to create a project with one of the Freebies we offer at the StampFairy store.


   While you are in the store, you might want to take a peek at a very cute new release, that Gerda added to the store today.  This new collection with Patsy all ready to hit the beach!!     You can find the collection HERE and I also have a little preview image to share!!



   I hope you all have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day this week and a week full of all things fun and happy!!

     

    10 comments:

    coldwaters2 said...

    Oh wow Lisa this is not only vibrant but gorgeous as well the papers and Herb look great.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    3treescreations@gmail.com said...

    I see I can't type English up top LOL. Love that glossy shamrock!

    Deanne :)

    ThePurplePlace said...

    Thanks GIRLS!!

    This week I got it RIGHT!! :)

    Giovana said...

    Beautiful card Lisa! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

    Anonymous said...

    Great card! Thanks for joining the Card Cupids challenge this week.

    pinky said...

    I love your Irish card Lisa, you would certainly pass the test for good Irish cards over here;)

    Anonymous said...

    Lis, this card is terrific. I love the different embossing your did and the image is adorable. I also love that you recycled your sentiment. Your coloring is great, as usual. I like the added touch of the bling. Hey- we've got sunshine at last. have a great day.

    Carissa said...

    Wonderful card. That doily that you cut is gorgeous. Hugs, Carissa

    scotspanda said...

    what a fabulous card, love it :o)

    thanks very much for entering my Irish theme this week at Allsorts

    hugs

    Amanda x

    Emma H said...

    Great card, your shamrock looks almost 3D!

    A Little About Me

    My photo
    Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
    Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".