I opened my email to find out I was one of the lucky Winners of the February Challenge over at the Copic Musketeers and I won a pack of Cryogen Cardstock from 'Paper Temptress'. ..!! Yaay!! My thanks to Danielle and Melanie at the Copic Musketeers and also to Patricia from the Paper Temptress for the sponsoring this challenge!! I love this paper and have bought it many times from the Paper Temptress, so this is a great prize for me.
My next good news was finding out that Jennifer McGuire will be coming to my LSS to teach a weekend of classes in April and I signed up and got into her Techniques class today. I also recently learned (last week) that Kerry, who is also on the Baby Bud Design Team, lives in NH and has been to my LSS (Absolutely Everything) many times and she hopes to come down and take the class too. It's so nice to meet another crafter from the area and I hope to do another shopping trip with her in the future. She also told me all about the CKC Convention being help in Manchester, NH this year and I wish I had known early and called an booked a room at the hotel. I called yesterday, but it's so close that everything was sold out!! I am still trying to figure out a way to go, but know that to drive up and back in one day, would be way too much for me. If I could have stayed over it might have worked, and I'm still looking into other options!! It sounds like a great time....and I would love to go!! Still working on some ideas and hoping!!
And this afternoon I was over a Feline Playful when I realized I had won another challenge and this was one hosted by Crafty Cardmakers and it was their Challenge # 37 - Use Red and a Die Cut. This is the card that I had submitted! Yaay!!
Lastly, I have one new card that I can share now, and this card was created today for the new Color Combo Challenge which started today over at 'The Outlawz'. You can hop on over HERE and find all the details. The colors for this week are black, white and color and this is the card I created.
I made a 5" square card and started with a coral colored card base. I think picked out two digi papers (in black and white) that I had bought at Shery K Designs. I printed out two sheets and cut the first piece to be the first layer of my card. I used the second piece along with some coral designer paper to created my flower with my Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die. I then cute a 2" strip of black cardstock and embossed it in my Cuttlebug. I tied a piece of black sheer ribbon around this piece and that's that where I added my flower with pop dots. It was really a fun card to make and I really love this color combination. I know it's one I'll be sure to use again.
The card was also inspired and will be submitted to these challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week # 92 - Make your own Flowers
- The Outlawz Group - Color Combo - Black, White and Coral
- Crazy for Challenges - # 4 - Include Flowers on your project
I'm off now to work on some new Spring Cards and can't wait for the Spring weather to be here to stay! I hope you are all enjoying the first day of March and hope by the time the month is over we'll all be enjoying warm sunny days!!

6 comments:
Super cards, I'm so excited to find out that you live so close to me. :) We so have to craft or shop together. Talk to you soon and see you the class. Hugs!
Beautiful Cards hun.....really pretty, glad you slept well and congratulations on your wins too....big hugs JO xxx
2 stunning cards honey. Just love them Lis. Hope you manage to get a place to stay over, as it would be wonderful for you to meet up with your crafty friends. All the best, hugs Sharon xx
fabulous cards, love your second one, it's a stunning creation.
Well done on your win too
Anne x
Great card the flower is stunning in the black and red combo!....
Thanks for making your own flowers this week for the Allsorts Challenge
Emma xxx
A stunning colour combo & your flower looks fab
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx
Post a Comment