Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Think Spring....

  Today is so much better than yesterday, I slept in and my headache is now gone, I woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday.  Thank goodness.  On top of that the rain is over and is the sun is shining and the snow is slowly melting away.  We are getting closer to Spring and I can't wait.

  I also have a few new cards to share today and they were all created for a variety of fun challenges.  My first card was created with a Spring them in mind and was inspired by this month's challenge at Baby Bud Designs and also by today's Color Challenge over at The Outlawz.  I hope you'll be sure to hop on over to both blogs and join me for some fun.

   My card features one of my favorite Baby Buds -- Nilah, and I've dressed her in a combination of pink or orange for the color challenge.   She was colored with my Copics and layered onto 3 oval die cut layers, that I cut and embossed using my wonderful Grand Calibur.  The challenge at The Outlawz also requires flowers and two of my large flowers were created with a punch and then topped off with Pink Prima Roses.

    This fun spring card is being submitted to each of these challenges and everyone is welcome to play along:
   I also have another card to share and this cutie was one I created yesterday after being inspired by a new 'CAS' challenge also over at 'The Outlawz' along with a variety of fun challenges I found over at Feline Playful.  
  This cutie features of of the 'pea-pod babies', from StampFairy and was colored with my Copics to match the colors required for the CAS Challenge. 

   I cut out my little 'baby' and tied on a piece of bright lime ribbon, I then embossed my white card base, added the image along with a computer generated 'Sweet Pea' sentiment and my card was completed.   This us another view of the card that shows a bit more detail which is being submitted the challenges outlined below:


   I'm off now to spend some more time on my craft-room organizing project.  It a long term project of totally going through ALL of my supplies and stash.  So far, so good, but I still have a long way to go.

  

19 comments:

Mrs A. said...

These are both sweet cards but I think I like Sweet Pea the best. Love your colouring.

Unknown said...

Beautiful creations, gorgeous work! Jo xx

Maria Matter said...

these are so cute & pretty lis! I love how you colored Nilah...so beautiful, she looks as if she could step right off the page! fabby job lis, as always!
take care hun
hugs & blessings to you!

Cheryl First said...

Such cute cards! So glad you're feeling better! I hope the sun sticks around long enough to melt ALL your snow..............and dry up the mud, too! :0)

Dorcas said...

I really love your sweet pea! So cute and fun!!

Nikbee said...

Beuatiful cards. I love the colours on the first one and the image is so sweet on the second.

Nikki x

Amy said...

LISA!! I am so glad you are feeling better!! And WOW WOW WOW!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE these cards!! I love your CAS card but man that color challenge card is just AMAZING!!!!

Nikki said...

This is one cute card Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

coldwaters2 said...

Awwwww Lisa these are beautiful I so love that Baby Bud card the design, embellishments and image really does give you a lift and those little babies look so cute, well done. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better today, take care.
Hus
Lorraine x

Welcome! said...

Oh both cards are just simply adorable Lis! Love them! Your cards always brighten my day! Thanks for that!
Hugs, Krista

**Farrah** said...

Both are very sweet cards!! Love the images on them!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Brenda said...

Lisa, love, love, love your cards. I love your pink/orange color challenge card. Cute little pea card too!!

Linda Palmer said...

Really cute cards Lisa. I love that little girl. She is so sweet and so beautifully colored.

Jill said...

Love both your cards - soooo sweet! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week and hope to see you next time. Jill

Mary Anne said...

such a sweet card, love the soft pastel peaches, and the trimmins' are perfectly peachie!!
thanks for playing along
Mary Anne
babybuddesigns

Ann said...

Lis ~ What a cute little sweet pea! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at House of Gilli!!! :)

Yone said...

Cute card ! Love the pea image ! Tks for playing with us at the House of GILLI Green Challenge ! Hugs, Yone

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Hi Lisa!!
I just love, love your card....You always have the best color combination. Looking forward to your next creations....Hugs.

Unknown said...

Ahhh Lisa those cards are gorgeous
hugs
Ildz

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".