Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Relaxing day.......ahhhhh

    I'm feeling very relaxed and comfy this afternoon after a very enjoyable morning at the salon.  A little bit of pampering is always a nice treat and that's exactly what I had this morning.   I had my nails done and also a fabulous Spa Pedicure.  I totally love Pedicures and think they are very relaxing.  My feet are now all ready for Summer and Flip Flops and I have a pretty pink polish that matches my nails.  Yippee!!


    This aftenroon, I have two new cards to share and both cards were inspired by the new Sketch Challenge today over at The Outlawz.  This is a copy of the sketch and Sandi created for us this week.


   And these are the cards I created based on Sandi's new sketch.  The first is one was created specifically for the Sketch Challenge and is includes one of my favorite little bears from StampFairy.


   One I had finished that card, I knew that I also wanted to create a card for this week's challenge over at the 'Stars & Stamps Blog' - for Operation Write Home.   As soon as I realized their challenge was to create a card with Polka Dots, I knew I wanted to make another card similar to my first one.  However, I knew that glitter can NOT be used on any OWH cards, so I colored a second little bear, in different colors and simply omitted the glitter.  This is my second card and the card I am entering into the challenge over at the Stars & Stamps - 'Going Dotty' Challenge.


     Both of my cards were colored with Copics and and both of my images are from StampFairy.  Oh, and speaking of Copics, I received a notice today from Oozak that Marianne's Walker's new book - Shadows & Shading, is now in stock and shipping.  


   I was very excited and have heard a lot of great things about this book.  I've also followed Marianne's blog (I like Markers), pretty much since I first started buying Copics.  She is a fabulous artist and a Copic product specialist.   My book has now been ordered and I can't wait to get it.  This is one area of Copic coloring, where I still need to improve and any extra help is a plus for me.   

  I'm off now to finish coloring in my new Copic Color Chart, which has been sitting on my desk for over week.    Now that I have all the fabulos new colors, it's time for me to sit down, clean and refill my markers, and also the perfect time to update my new chart.  My old one is pretty beat up, messay and now out of date.   If you are looking for any of the new charts or Copic resource information, I found it all HERE, over on Copic's Website!  

  If you are new to Copics or have been considering taking some Copic Coloring classes, I highly recommend you take them from Suzanne Dean over at her Color-Me Creative Classroom.  I have been a student and taken all four levels of her classes and totally love them.  Suzanne is one of my all time favorite designers and her classes are full of great detail and wonderful video tutorials.   You can find all the details in the main classroom from the link below.  



Color Me Creative Classroom


   While you are there you might want to check out the wonderful Bi-Weekly, Copic Coloring Challenge group, which you'll find here.   This challenge is open to all and Suzanne now has a brand new Design Team to help inspire you.  We have a lot of fun in the classes and the challenges and always enjoy having new members join us.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

2 beautiful cards Lisa, one of my favourite Stamp Fairy digis too, glad you enjoyed your morning I could do with a little pampering too, sending big hugs to you across the pond...Jo xxx

faithnme said...

wow Lisa... good for you in taken some time for your self.. I love your cards they are "beautiful"...

and thanks for infor on that "shadowing" book I will have to check it out.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Lis, Both of these cards are adorable. I love the colors and the design layout of both. You certainly got the "dots" covered in the OWH challenge. LOL I have to work on my OWH card now. I love the sentiment also. Thank you for the info on the book. I was just getting ready to place an order so I will add that. Enjoy the little sun we have left today - the rain is coming soon enough.

Danni said...

Such sweet cards!!!

jimlynn said...

BOTH of these are just adorable! Such a cute image and love the sketch too. Great cards.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Love your coloring. I should do the Copic challenges just to get better at it. Great cards.

Carol L said...

Great cards and I love how you colored them. Have fun with that new Copic book when it comes!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Lisa, I love your cards they're darling! Thanks for playing in our challenge this week at Operation Write Home! Hugs, Jan

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".