Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sweet Happy Things....

   Today my goal is to focus on all things sweet and happy and one way for me to always feel great is to create and I am going to spend my afternoon in my craft room working on some new fun cards.     I also wanted to share a card I had finished up last night for a Copic Challenge.

    The card was created for one of my favorite challenges and that is the bi-weekly Copic Challenge that Suzanne Dean hosts over at her Color Me Creative Classroom.   This is a bi-weekly challenge that is open to all - and I invite you all to stop over and join our fun group.  You can find the Copic Coloring Challenge here, under the groups section on the main page.

    I also wanted to Congratulate all the members of Suzanne's brand new Design Team.  I am very happy an excited for you all and already now most of your very well from the groups and also from Suzanne's classes!   Congratulations to these very talented gals!!



   I hope you'll all hop over and see the wonderful creations the teams has put together to inspire you to enter the new Challenge.  Challenge # 13 - is a wonderful Color Challenge and this is a copy of the wonderful inspirational image we are using for our projects.  You can find all the other details over at the group here!



  And based on this and using the colors - Pink, Cream/White and Green, as required, I created this sweet 'Baby' card.

   I had a lot of fun with this and colored this adorable little digi with my Copics and used my ABS to slight spray a pink background.  This sweet little digi is from ByLoriDesings and was actually created by Hannah, Lori's Daughter and is one of the Bug & Roo collection.  You can find it here in Lori's Store.  For my card I colored the entire image and then used a Spellbinder die to cut out only the little Baby Girl for my card.  I have saved the little boy for another project and think they are both so adorable.  I was also honored to buy this image and proud to help support the March of Dimes!  

   I also have a second photo and in this one I took it on a pink background for a different view.  I could not decide which to post, so I added both!!

  
     And now I am off to work on this week's Sketch card over at the Stars & Stamps Blog.  You are welcome to join in on both challenges and I hope you will!

      Afternoon Update - I am back with two new cards to share and both were inspired by the new sketch challenge over at the OWH Stars & Stamps Blog.   This week we are working with Sketch # 59, which I have copied over to share with you here.

 
   I really liked this sketch and knew right away that I wanted to play along.  My first card is a fun little every day card and it was created with one of the adorable 'Teddy' images from StampFairy.   I started by coloring my image with Copics and then added a layer of Glossy Accents to rose to give it more dimension and shine   For this card, I flipped the sketch and also embossed my card base to add some texture.  It was a very fun and easy card to create and will be perfect for OWH.



  I also used the same sketch to create a Birthday Card for my Godson who will be turning 11 this coming Friday.  I thought that he would enjoy a bright fun card and I also used a cute little StampFairy image on his card. Again, I flipped the sketch and also instead of using rectangles, I used the Nestabilitie Label 2 Die to cut out my colored image along with the background layer.  I then embossed the background layer in my Cuttlebug for more dimension.  My center paper is prefect for a bright card and is from the new Ad Lib pad by Bo Bunny.    Lastly, I also added a layer of 3D Crystal Lacquer to  Lenny's balloon and his matching tie.  This is a great product and really adds a lot of dimension and shine to an project!  Love it!! 


  And that's it for today, I'm off to finish up a design team project and will be back to share that with you tomorrow!     
 

Have a happy Sunday, and as always -- Happy Crafting!!



15 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

I love your card. It is so girlie. I have something on my blog for you.

Cindy's Card Co said...

I just love those baby cards!! The teddy is adorable too.

Brenda said...

Lis, what great cards. Hope you had a fabulous Sunday!!

Unknown said...

Super cute cards! Your designs are awesome!

Susan S said...

all your cards are really cute

Linda said...

Great cards--really like the bear with the green!

Julie said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa! You do such a great job with your coloring. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

I enjoy your cards --- they are bright and cheery and bring a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

airbornewife said...

Great cards! thanks for sharing ~ Pam

RobinH said...

great cards as always!

coldwaters2 said...

What a fabulous selection of cards Lisa that baby one is so sweet and the Stamp Fairy images all look super duper.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sharon Basel said...

Lis the baby card with the BLD image is so darn cute! I love the design and the colors together. Absolutely fabulous creation!
Sharon :)

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW! Thank you ALL so much! I really do feel like my Mojo is coming back and it was a joy to be back to creating!

I LOVE challenges and I am having a lot of fun with bright, happy SPRING colors!!

Hugs,
Lis

Marti said...

Great cards, love your bears.

Sherry H said...

Hi Lis, your cards blew me away as they usually do, and I keep looking at the birthday card with the 3D Crystal Lacquer! I'll have to look for that and I've also noted the websites you mentioned. I always get great info & inspiration from you!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".