That was until I found this awesome online Summer Card Camp and NOW....I love camp and enjoy it every minute. I'm even taking an all day Stamp Camp class at my LSS this weekend, and I'm now a very happy camper and that's because they are craft camps and that's exactly what I LOVE!!
This week we have a gorgeous new color combo at Card Camp and these are the colors you will see me working with this week!
I'm here now to share three new cards that I have created for a few different challenges and ALL were based on this fun and happy color combo.
My first card was started yesterday and was also created for the Greeting Card Challenge at The Outlawz Challenge Group. For this card I picked out a Poppy image, and colored it with my Copics to match our new color Combo. I also added more color to the little Prima Butterfly, so it also matched the them. I then added a simple border, that I created with one of my new Memory Box dies. It's a little square note-card, perfect for everyday use.
My next card was also created for Summer Camp and this for this card I created by own background in the theme color by using Distress Inks, a Blending Tool and Perfect Pearls Mist. I then stamped on my Hero Arts image (Wild Flower Garden), and then heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I then put it all together, added some bling and ribbon and had this fun shaped card. NOTE: I created my card shape using a Grand Labels 4 Die Set and my Grand Calibur.
This card was inspired and created to be submitted to each of the new challenges.
- Summer Card Camp - Week Two - Color Combo
- The Cheerful Stamp Pad - # 21 - Use a Favorite Background Technique
- Hooked On Craft Challenges - # 2 - Show us Your Flowers
After following the technique, I put together this fun card, which was created with another of my new Hero Arts Stamps (Watercolor Petals). Once I had the image embossed, I used these Pearlescent Watercolor Paints by Yasutomo, to color the flower with an Aqua Brush, which gave me a very subtle look, which is what I wanted with such a bright background. Any coloring medium would have worked, but it was fun to try these paints that I've had in my stash.
And now I am off to work on something totally different this afternoon. It's another Challenge, only this one is a totally different color combo and even a for a different season. Today's new Color Challenge at The Outlawz is Christmas in July and the Color Combo is Black, White and Red! Sounds fun, don't you think? If you want to play along, you can find ALL the details HERE!!
I really am very behind on making a start in my Christmas Cards, and this new challenge has inspired me to make a start!!
Update: I'm back with my 'Christmas in July' card, which ended up being a lot of fun. This image is a retired Digi from DigiStamp Boutique. Her name is Chloe and she has always been one of my favorites. I was surprised when I went over to find her link, and realized that she's been retried. But, no worries, as there are several more adorable images in the store! :)
This fun card is being submitted to the Monthly Customer Appreciation Contest
at DigiStamp Boutique!! Be sure to hop on over and check out the adorable new


I
11 comments:
Fabulous Lisa, Love the colour combo, and every single project got a WOW! Really lovely cards and tag. So glad you are having fun. I remember going to 'yucky' camp....
Luv CHRISSYxx
Just love your cards Lisa. Hope to get some uploaded tomorrow.
Wow on all your cards! You have been really busy. Especially love the die cut card, how neat. I need to give that a try.
WOW! These are just simply LOVELY!! So very pretty.
Lynn
Lisa, they are all beautiful! I especially love the poppies. Great job on all of them and beautiful shapes and layouts.
Such a lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at hookedoncraft challenges this week and hope you join us again.
Beautiful creations! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion in our "Anything Goes" challenge! --Sammibug, Craft Your Passion DT
your creations are lovely! thank you for joining the "favorte background" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo
Your floral cards are magnificent. Love the poppies!
I really like the card you did for my challenge. The flowers and background are awesome. Thanks for joining "My Favorite Background" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.
I will have to look into that Card Camp.
Hi Lisa, what a gorgeous card. I love how you've coloured the image and your colour scheme is very striking. Thanks for joining in our monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x
Post a Comment