....Today has been such a wonderful day! The hot and humid weather is moving away and we are back to one of the gorgeous blue sky days with lots of Sun. I has both of my sons here today and even that the same time, something that's rare to happen these days I love when my whole family is all here at the same time!! It's also been a perfect day to create and I've enjoyed every minute in my craft room.
My first card was once I started last night and it looks like it sadly with be one of the very last that I'll be submitted to Summer Card Camp. I have had so much fun at Camp and I'm sure those of you who follow my blog know how much I loved it. I will miss it, but I am also going to love using all the new things I've learned and it's really had me making all kinds of different cards!
This card is actually one that is so easy to make, It's just a matter of putting together papers and colors that work well together and that's all I did. I was searching for some aqua paper for another project and came across a this gorgeous floral pattern, which is from the Hello Luscious collection by Basic Grey. As soon as I saw the paper, I realized it would work out really well with one of the color combos from Camp. This is the color swatch I used as my inspiration.
And this is the card I created with that theme. I even found I had the perfect envelope to match and made a this little card set.
My next card was inspired by two new challenges and the first is the new Copic Coloring Challenge being hosted at the Color Me Creative Classroom, which you'll find HERE! Our newest challenges is a color combo challenge and our colors are light aqua, red and white (or cream). I picked out one of my cute new Bugaboo image and also knew I wanted to combine this with their current challenge, which you'll find HERE!! This is the card that I created for both and I think it came out really cute!
The Challenge at Bugaboo was called 'Heavy Metal' and the idea was to use some form of Metal on your project. I used two light aqua eyelets and then added a cute 'Smile' sentiment that is actually a large metal brad. You can see it a bit better in this close-up picture. It was from a set that my son bought for me, when I first starting crafting. Thanks Bri!!
And speaking of Bugaboo Challenges, I was very excited to learn this morning that I was one of the lucky winners of their Christmas In July Celebration Week. I won second place and won a gift certificate to the store along with this cool new badge, which is now on my Award/Challenge wins page! Yippee!!
My next card today was inspired again by one of the new color combos from Summer Card Camp and also by the brand new sketch we had today over at the Stars & Stamps Blog. I love the sketches and OWH has a new sketch every Sunday and everyone is welcome to play along! As a reminder, all cards created for the Beat the Heat Holiday card drive should be in this mail ASAP. The deadline for submitting these cards is July 31st!
Below is a copy of the color combination along with this week's OWH Sketch. I combined both together to make my next card and I really enjoyed it.
My Marigold image is from Wax Fruit Company and was colored with my Copic Markers to match the color theme. I then picked out matching papers from my scrap bin and cut the three strips as shown in the sketch.
And I still have one more card to share and this was created today for the latest CAS Challenge over at The Outlawz. The DT Girlz created some fantastic inspiration cards this week and I knew as soon as I saw them, that I wanted to play. The theme this week is a color theme and the colors are Bright Yellow and Bright Orange. Colors I LOVE for Summer and colors I have used quite often in the past few weeks. If you would like to play along, you'll find all the details HERE!! There are also several fantastic prizes this month and every one who enters has a chance to WIN!!
This is another card that features one of my favorite new dies from Memory Box. I think these dies really make the card and it was so easy. My papers are from a favorite retired Stampin' Up set and I started by creating a 5" X 5" square card. I cut a 3" section from bright orange for the top and then added a yellow/white polka dotted 2" piece on the bottom. I used bright yellow card stock with the Spring Border die and cut the border in my Grand Calibur. I then adhered that section to the middle, added a computer generated Sentiment and 3 little matching butterflies and my card was done!
And that's it for now. I had so much fun and have actually come up with a few more ideas while I was browsing through all my papers! It's fun what you can actually find when you start digging in your stash and I was really happy with the goodies I found today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".







16 comments:
WOW! ALL of these are just fabulous!
Lynn
Fabulous cars Love your bug girl for our challenge! Thank you for joining us at CMC
Michele
Wow so many beautiful cards Lisa, all so different but so gorgeous. Hugs xxx
Wow Lis, you had a good productive day. All of your cards are terrific. I especially love the S & S card. Great coloring. It was still muggy here today, waiting for tomorrow. It is suppose to cool way down. Can't wait.
YOu're on a serious roll today, and your cards all show it! I love the turquoise card, and especially love that smile brad accent! So glad you had a great day, and I hope tomorrow is just as good:)
Everything is so prettiful! I'm in love with that ladybug!
Gorgeous, gorgeous, and your little bug card is just so sweet. Hugs, Lori m
I really like your card for Sketch 79! ..Love how you cut out the image and left one of the flowers sticking up. I also like that Spring Border Die. I haven't seen it in the stores, but sometimes I don't realize what I'm looking at until I see it being used. You've made a lot of great cards today!
Wow, wow, WOO Lisa, these are awesome!!! Have a great week!
Beautiful work (as usual!), Lisa! I love the way that one marigold is escaping the box on your sketch card. Great job with the colors as well. Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
Super cards!
Love all your cards Lis; especially the last one, gorgeous!!!
Lisa, what a lovely little ladybug!!! I love red & light blue together, I love your designer paper, and OMG - do I LOVE your "smile" sentiment!!! :D MWAH!
OOPS - I forgot to say thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Heavy Metal challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!
Wow you've been busy Lisa! All of your cards are lovely, I love the flower in your first card for Summer Card Challenge :o( Hope you join in the next classes, I will be! I love your little image for our challenge over at CMC, your card is so sweet! Your third card is really elegant, I love the pastel colours and your fourth card is lovely with the die cut flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at CMC!
Wonderful and delightful card.
Thank you for joining us at CMC Challenge.
hugs, Marie CMC DT
Post a Comment