Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beat the heat....

  Beat the heat is the newest card drive being hosted by Operation Write Home.  It's their way of inspiring everyone to break out those Christmas and Holiday papers and to create some wonderful cards for our Troops. 

    It's also the theme for the Midweek Throwdown Challenge this week and my inspiration for today's fist card.   For most of us, it seems very early to be thinking about Christmas and the Holidays, but for Operation Write Home this is the time they need to collect cards for the holidays and the more the merrier!!    If you would like to help out and make some cards for this wonderful cause, please head over to the Operation Write Home Blog here, where you'll find all the details for card-makers!

   My card today was created for this drive and it's a very fun, bright and happy card.  I created this one using the new colors were are working with at Summer Card Camp and plan to also submit it as my card for today's Camp Challenge.   This cute little 'Snowperson' is a digital image created by Michelle Perkett!  You can find her fabulous creations at her Etsy Store HERE or on her blog HERE!! 

   
      Today, is a very slow and sore day for me?   I woke up feeling more pain than normal and will be taking it easy this afternoon.   I'm hoping to possibly color some more images for Christmas Cards, but other than that, I'm going to rest, so that I will feel better tomorrow.   In the meantime, I want to wish everyone a wonderful day.

     Oh and one more thing, I am very excited to have found a SMASH Journal, which are really hard to come by, but thanks to one of my online craft friends, Margie, I found out last night that Claudia and Company still has some in stock.  If you have been looking to buy one of these very hard to find new Journals by K&Company, I suggest you RUN over to the store HERE and order one before they sell out.  They are sold out all over and very tough to find!   The Pink are sold out now but as of this morning the other colors - Black, Red and Blue are available, but limited!!   I'm also thrilled, because Claudia's store is one I already love and her service is excellent -- be sure to bookmark the store for future shopping!!  You'll love it!!




     Here's a video to inspire you to crate one of your own -- the music alone is really FUN!!   My thanks to Claudia again for shipping my order so quickly -- You ROCK!!!


  Now doesn't that look like FUN? 
   I know it will be and I can't wait to start on mine!  


6 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Cute, cute, cute Lisa - I love Michelle's images, you did a fabulous job! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

Kerry said...

Too cute Lisa, I love the adorable snowman!!! What a great way to beat the heat :)

Mel said...

Awesome Holiday card and I love it with the Summer Card Camp colors.

anaRy said...

Lisa I am LOL...what else would be better to beat the heat? : )
I hope you are enjoying your garden!
Miss you!
huggies
anaRy

Linda said...

Sweet card. Love what you did with the snowman!

Linda Palmer said...

Sooooooooo cute! Love your card, such a darling little snowman. I finally found time to join in OWH challenge. Thanks for encouraging me to do it.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".