Friday, July 1, 2011

Fun-Filled Friday!!!

   Woohoo!  It's Friday and also that start of the 4th of July Holiday weekend here in the USA.   It's also the first Friday at Card Camp and each Friday we have a wonderful new selection of Color Combos to create with.

    Today, I have used two of those new color combos to create two fun summery cards and the first card was also inspired by today's Copic Coloring challenge at The Outlawz.   The color combo I picked for this card was the second in our new selection and those colors are:  Orange, Aqua, Dark Teal,  Brown and White. all the colors I used to color this sweet little digi image (Beach Boy Cole), by Lori Boyd.



   My second card was created for today's challenge at Camp and for this card, I was inspired by the first new color combination, especially since it includes PURPLE, which you know is my favorite.   This is the combination I chose to use for this card -- Purple, Bright Pink, Lime Green, Turquoise and White -


  And this is the card I created with this wonderful color combo along with one of my brand new Hero Arts Stamps - Tall Flower


  One I had picked out the color combo, I stamped my image in Black Memento ink and colored it using all of the colors in the combo.  I think picked out a piece of my favorite dark purple shimmer cardstock and added layers of Hot Pink and Turquoise to frame the image.  I edged the colored image with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and then added a hint of ultra fine glitter to the flowers for extra sparkle. 

   I am totally enjoying every day of Summer Card Camp and I'm so happy I signed up.  There are so many amazing crafters in Camp and the creations are all amazing.  It's a great place for inspiration and you can bet that if Jennifer and Kristina host another online class, I'll be in it!!   They are both wonderful designers and I really enjoy that they each have their own style. 

   I'm off for a bit -- to open my mail.  I see a package from Ott Lite, which I have been waiting for !!   It's the replacement bulb I have been waiting on along with a new Ott Lite to keep right my desk!   Yippee!!   See you all a a little later - I do hope to work on more cards today too!

6 comments:

Ally said...

Wow! You have been busy with the color combos this week! All your cards are so fun and bright - I love them! I got a late start and am only on my first card, so I'm a little jealous. Haha. ;-) Good work on all these color combos!

Kerry said...

You go girl!!! You have been busy busy busy and having lots of fun!!! Love all the cards, keep them coming! :) Have a great 4th July weekend! Hugs!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Both cards are really wonderful! Love your coloring on Cole & your flower is lovely.

Brenda said...

Lis, these are fabulous cards. I love that first little guy. Colors are fab!!! hugs, Bren

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa these are two super cards that first one is both fab and the second is just plain beautiful, wonderful work, hope you are well.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

I'm loving those cards and the flowers are just getting prettier all the time. Hugs, Lori m

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".