Thursday, July 28, 2011

Weird kind of day???

   I am not sure why, but today is just not one of my better days.  I feel really tired and almost bored, something I rarely ever say, especially because I can always usually keep myself very busy creating.   I think I'm still kind of missing Summer Card Camp and just how fun it was knowing I had something new and exciting to look forward to every day.

   I also did not end up having much luck with my trial of Photoshop Elements and do not except I will end up buying the program.   I was VERY quickly remind, how much my neck and back to do like it when I spend too much time at the computer and I should have known better.   That is one of the largest downsides of Fibro for me, since it's soooo uncomfy to do anything much online.  I can type up my blog post and edit a few pictures...but other than that, I really do NOT do nearly as much as I once did!!  I think in a way, that's been a let down and when too many things go wrong or not as I hoped...it kind of reminds me that this illness really is NOT fun!!   Grrrrrr!!!

    Moving on -- I did manage to create three cards and the first is the very first card I created all with digital images and did not color a thing by hand.  I simply chose elements from a few different digi kits and edited everything in Word to come up with this very simply Birthday Card.   I was able to add the pre-colored digi flower and then added a digi sentiment, which I recolored to match the flower.  I trimmed it down to A2 size and added a nice red background layer and then simply mounted that to a card base and added 3 matching pearls.  Not too bad for my very first try and this kind of thing.   I had been thinking of trying to get into more Hybrid card making, but after not having much luck with PSE, I don't think this will work out to be a very good option for me.   Plus, I really LOVE to color and think I would miss it too much. 

   My next two cards were created with using one of my favorite new Hero Arts Background Stamps and this one is called - Large Lotus Pattern.     I did a few more background sheets using Distress Inks, Pearls mist and watercolor paper.   I then simply cut down one piece as the top section for my card and then added a detailed edge with one of my EK Success punches and adhered it to my card base.  The bottom section is simply a piece of embossed cardstock in a matching color - purple in this case.  I finished it off with nice sentiment and tied on a piece of satin ribbon.

  This card is being submitted to today's new POM Challenge over at The Outlawz Challenge Group.  It's 'Anything Goes' this week, and you can find all the details over at the site HERE!!



   And with that same idea/theme in mind, I also made this card, which was created with the same stamp - only in different colors.   I also added a flower border that I created with my new Memory Box Die and added a bit of Stickles for some extra sparkle!  

   I have to admit, I LOVE the background designs, but the cards did NOT come out like I had hoped and I may take them apart and try again!!   I just don't seem to have my Mojo today, and for the first times in ages, I almost don't even feel like crafting?    Imagine that!!   It's so NOT like met at all and is very weird!  I do hope very much this feeling will pass and pass quickly.   Hoping tomorrow will be a much better day!   

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Sorry that you are not having a good day, but your cards are still gorgeous, I love the way they turned out. Love the color combo! :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa your cards are so pretty and amazing what you accomplish. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Lori

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".