I started by making a new card for class today and I chose one of the new color swatches from Friday and if you know me well, you'll now it's one with PURPLE. I also created this card to submit to the new Paper a la Mode Challenge over at The Outlawz. Their challenge is very easy this week and one that I think everyone will love -- it's all about Flowers....any kind and any style - all you need to do is use a Flower in some way on your project. I picked out one of my favorites from Prima and also made sure it would match my new color theme.
I just love how this card turned out and for me, it was done with a brand new technique of using Distress Stains with Rubber Stamps to create a background or image for any card. I used one of my brand new Hero Arts Stamps (Classic Fabric Design) and used a combination of Distress Stains and Perfect Peals to make this pretty purple card. You can find a wonderful tutorial on this technique done by Jennifer McGuire over on her blog.
My next card was created for another challenge at The Outlawz and that one is today's new CAS Challenge -- a favorite for me, since I have grown to LOVE this style of cardmaking. The girls came up with a cute little Recipe - Something Old, Something New and Something Blue, and you can create any type of CAS project and it does NOT have to be a Wedding Card!
I used the same basic technique as in the card above with a brand new Outlines Rubber Stamp - Lynnwood to create this card and hope you'll like it. The 'old' on this card is and old card base from my stash, that I distressed to give it an aged look. The 'New' my brand new Outlines Stamp and the Blue is the Faded Jeans Distress Stain!
My next card was created with today's new Sketch Challenge over at the Stars and Stamp Blog, which you'll find HERE! I have also copied over the sketch to share with you and hopefully inspire you to create a card to submit. I also want to remind anyone who is interested in making card for OWH that now is the time to get your Holiday cards submitted. You can find ALL the details over at the main site HERE!
Sketch # 78
My Card
In addition to using the sketch this week, I also chose another one of the new color swatches had from Summer Card Camp and this card will also be submitted to the Camp Gallery!! I thought it would be really fun to use all these wonderful shades of blue and green.
For my next card I actually broke out my Copics and this card was inspired by our brand new challenge over the the Color Me Creative Classroom. Our new challenge, which is open to ALL, was to use our Copics to create a project using any of our favorite Copic Coloring techniques. I chose the technique of Coloring White and made this very fun new Christmas Card. I used a combination of the very lightest shades of blue (B0000), Blue Green (BG0000) and Cool Grey (C000), so highlight around the areas of my snowman and snow, which makes him really show as a bright happy white guy. I also added a combination of Crystal Stickles and 3D Crystal Lacquer to the white areas, to give them more sparkle and dimension. This card was also inspired by a new challenge at 'Crafting by Design' a really fun new craft group I was to join. This is for the new CAS Challenge they are hosting and the theme is Christmas in July, making my little Snowman perfect. Lastly, I am also submitting him to the current Copic/Prismacolor Challenge over at The Outlawz and their Challenge this week is also a Christmas in July theme and everyone is welcome come on over and play along!
Mr. Snowman is also being submitted to the Christmas in July challenge being hosted by Get Hippity with Ippity, which recently moved from the former SSC site to a new Ning Site called 'The Latte Lounge'! There are a variety of groups at The Latte Lounge and it's seems to be a very fun and friendly group! You are all welcome to come on over and join the fun.
And Lastly, Bugaboo is currently hosting a Christmas In July Blog Hop, and although I find blog hops way to hard to take part in, I did want to submit my fun little Snowman card to their Challenge. I wish I could do blog hops, but spending all that time on the computer, does me in! I do want to wish everyone who plays GOOD LUCK !!!
And I even have one more card today and this one was also inspired and created for a new challenge and this one is for the new Recipe Challenge at the 'Through The Craftroom Door'. I wanted to again say thank to Michelle Perkett for sponsoring last month's challenge and sending me a Gift Certificate to her wonderful store for winning the last challenge. I hit the store yesterday and totally enjoyed adding three new images to my collection by Michelle.
The DT has come up with a FUN new recipe challenge and it's one that everyone can come on over and play. If you are new to the group, simply create your sign up and then head into the Challenge Section HERE to play. The recipe is: 1 Ribbon, 2 Patterned Papers and 3 Buttons!
I went with very vibrant colors for my card and my Patterned papers are from Basic Grey/Lauderdale and Bo Bunny's Ad Lib - two of my favorite paper companies!
I have had such a wonderful day of creating and it's been a blast. I feel good today and it's just amazing at how much I seem to accomplish when I feel good. I'm soooo HAPPY to be having another great day and to have this wonderful hobby that I absolutley LOVE!!! Sending out a BIG Hug to everyone who has stopped by and wished me well, especially when I was feeling so YUK earlier this week!





14 comments:
LOVE all the cards you created especially the Butterfly one called "sending a hug", absolutely gorgeous!!! Just got back from Williamsburg VA so was not able to participate this week with the Online Card Challenge :(
I love your answer to OWH's Sunday Sketch Challenge! It makes me want to go check my punches and get crafty!
Each card is a beauty in itself, I really love your I'm sorry with the back ground pearls and all, Hugs, Lori m
Lis, All of your cards today at gorgeous. I haven't made a card in over a week. Busy with other things that are no where as much fun, but need to be done from time to time. Anyway thanks for sharing all of your creations. You've inspired me to get over to my craft table to start something. Have a good night.
Hugs, Donna
Great job on all of your card Lis, but I have to say I love that winter one best. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.
Your cards are so pretty!!! Great work. Love that patterened paper in the Thank You card :)
Great cards, especially love the butterfly one.
Beautiful cards as always, Lisa! Love the beautiful blues and the butterflies on your sketch card. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
Love, love, love all the cards. You are a busy crafty lady, hehe! I have to try out the new technique from Jennifer McGuire. :)
Your cards are terrific! While I'm not familiar with them all, it seems you nailed them1 Nicely done!
Oops... I'm not familiar with all the challenges! Your cards are great regardless! :-)
Hi Lisa! Wow...your cards are all so beautiful!!! I especially loved the Snowman one and how you used the stickles and Lacquer on him....Great techniques on all of them - super!! And thanks so much for the love on my blog too!! Good luck on the candy!! xoxx
All of your cards are awesome Lisa! I love the colors on your Eggbert card! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
Tammy :)
what a cute creations! Love eggbert! thanks for joining Bugaboo's challenge!!
Post a Comment