Saturday, July 30, 2011

Silly Saturday.....

....After taking a day off I am happy to be back in my craft room today and have some new cards to share.  I had a good/bad day yesterday and did not have any time to create.   I spent most of the day with my Mom and two cousins who came up for a visit for the day.  We all went out to lunch and had a really nice time.   The bad part of my day, happened when I first left my house -- my car made some awful sound as soon as I went to back out of the driveway, and after only making it a 1/4 mile up to the local gas station, I knew something was wrong and called Hubby.  He said to leave it at the garage and ask them the look at it for us.  Luckily, we know the owners and that's where we do have work done, if needed.  DH does most of the easy things at home (oil changes, brakes and tune-ups), but anything else, pretty much is done at the garage.  Of course, it's not like we had an appointment, so I know it will be a few days before they can even begin to work on it.  I guess they think it's likely the Spring/Strut or something to do with the front suspension...I'm sure with my luck this week, it will be something expensive.  But then again, when has anyone had an inexpensive car repair.   Grrrrr!!   Wish me luck!! 

 
     Today, I've decided to not even think about the car and try and focus on happy things.  For me, that means spending the day being creative and that's pretty much what I have done.  I am happy to have four new cards to share and they were ALL inspired by new challenges.   I started by working on a card for a new challenge over at 'CraftsByDesign' and knew I would LOVE it because it was a color challenge and was based on one of my favorite color combos, which is Light Pink, Dark Pink, Grey and Black.   This is a copy of the color inspiration image/swatch:
  I have to admit the my Fibro Fog did get the better of me today and I was totally confused about the other two challenge themes, but in the end, it worked out fine and I just had to laugh at myself for being so confused over something that should have been very easy!!   LMBO...just one of those days!!

  This is the first card I created and I think it ended up being my favorite today!     It went together really fast and it was another card that was created almost exclusively with scraps:



    In addition to the challenge at CBD, I also wanted to create a card with embossing, so that I could submit it to the new 'Blogger's Embossing Challenge' over at the Splendiferious Creations!   I used my Cuttlebug and one of my favorite Sizzix folders to embossed the bright pink cardstock sections on the card.  I love how embossing add so much texture and dimension and think it's a fun an easy way to quickly change a card. 

    My next card was created for the Triple Challenge and the idea was meant to use at least 3 elements on my card, which luckily I did, but I also thought I needed to keep with the color combo and also make this one CAS too -- which did work out.   This is the second card and it was also submitted to a challenge at CraftsByDesign.

    And while still in my whole Pink/Grey/Black mode, I decided to make a third card and this one was primarily made for fun, after I realized I had already made the correct card for the challenges at CBD. 

    And finally, I have my last card for the day and this one was inspired by two different Copic Coloring Challenges.  One over at CBD, and the second being hosted over at The Outlawz Challenge Group.   My card was created with a fun digi image from Bugaboo Stamps and this one is from the Watering Can series, which you'll find HERE!   I have a few of the images from this series, but I think this one (with the tulips) is one of my favorites and I think it's also the one that I have colored most often.  It's also fun and easy to color and you can use a variety of colors and backgrounds to make a new card every time.


  In addition to the Copic inspired challenges, I am also submitting this card to these two challenges --
   And I think that will likely be it for me today!!   I feeling better about my card-making today and glad that my MOJO seems to be back.  I will be looking forward to tomorrow's new challenges, which are some of my favorites!    Sunday is Sketch Day over at the Stars & Stamps Blog and there will also be a new CAS challenge at 'The Outlawz'.  Yippee!!

10 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great cards- love the Pink/gray/black color combination. and seeing your great coloring on the last card

Anonymous said...

Goooorgeous cards Lisa!
Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Mami Doodles! Have a wonderful day and good luck in the draw ◕‿◕

Maire Gamber said...

Beautiful cards Lisa!
Hugs,
Marie

BarbaraW said...

Lovely group of cards.

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow you have been busy, lovely cards, thanks for sharing with us at paper play, hugs liz xx

Ida said...

Very nice cards. I love the Embossing folder you used for the BC Embossing challenge card. Thanks for joining in.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful grouping of cards, fab job with the color challenge and added embossing! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

toronto real estate said...

Superb and awesome work you done with it. I really wonder to watch the Embossing folder you used for the BC Embossing challenge card. You used softness, the beautiful papers and the great flowers.

Markham homes said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous colours. Those arrangement of three flowers are awesome and really very magnificent. Exquisite work.

ThePurplePlace said...

@Toronto Real Estate - The embossing folder I used for that card is from Sizzix. The name of the set is--Damask & Regal Flourishes and it's one of the Texture Fades by by Tim Holtz ! A really pretty set!! :)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".