Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday at Stamp Camp!!

     I had a great day loved the Summer Stamp Camp I went to today at my LSS - Absolutely Everything.  We created a total of twelve projects and I wanted to share them with you now. 

     Our first few projects were taught by Terry and the first was something brand new and one I totally loved.   We created with fun little tiles from Stamp Board which we colored with alcohol inks and stamps in Black Staz-on.   We did a quick practice set -- and then a set of three that we put together to make a really nice card.  This is somethign I would like to try again and eventually, I'll add some Stamp Board tiles and the "scratching' tool to my craft stash.



    These two cards were also created in Terri's Group - the first features coloring with Distress Inks on a Gloss Cardstock and the second card was a fun, coastal inspired - Shaker Card - complete with local beach sand!

      Our next few projects were done with Marcia and this first card turned out to be one of my favorites.  I love the soft subtle colors and also love that it's a Beach Theme.

This card was also really fun and  I love this image, which is from Hero Arts!!


  We also created a really cute Pink-Polka Dotted Pillow Box, but mine ended up being crushed, when I arrived home.  Luckily, I have a template and plan to re-create it tomorrow.    We ended out project with Marcia with this cute little Purple Monster, created with Inky Antics Stamps!

  We then all took a short break and enjoyed a Chicken Caesar Salad with Pita Bread, as our lunch and a wonderful little Red Velvet Cake Ball drenched in White Chocolate...!  Thank you KATE!!
   Following that surprise, we spend the rest of the class working the Kate and made these fun cards.  This first card, I changed a bit when I was home, by adding a Prima flower to cover up an area when my stamp had smudged.  This was created on Watercolor paper and we used Color Wash Sprays as our color medium.  Very fun!  We also used a glue pen, and gold foils and a glue pen to add the subtle hints of gold.  A project I loved and will do again.


  Next we created these two cards - the first was colored with Prisma Color Pencils and Gamsol and the second was done with Distress Inks and the fabulous Butterfly Die by Memory Box, which was cut twice in black and white to create this large butterfly.    We also used Distress Stickles on both and set them with a heat Gun.  Ranger Distress Stickles take on a whole new effect when used with heat and they are very cool.

       We ended our day with another favorite card and this one was started by using Perfect Pearls to create a really pretty background on a mat of Black Shimmer Cardstock.   Once we had the Pearls patted on the paper we misted it with water and heat set them.   Our image was Stamped in Silver Encore Pigment ink.  Once it was all set, we used our heat tools - we each randomly cut the image into three sections and adhered it to a Shimmery Silver card stock!   

   That was the end of our Summer Stamp Camp and we all then headed from the classroom to the store to do a bit of shopping.   Needless to say it's taken me over an hour to simply add this post, and I am now wiped OUT.    I haven't even opened my bags to put away my new goodies and can tell you there is not chance that will be done tonight!!    I'll plan to take some pics and share them tomorrow -- I also came home to see my SMASH books had arrived!  - What a wonderful day!   YIPPEE!!

   Nighty Night!!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Hello Lisa, glad to hear that you had so much fun at camp! And what a bunch of gorgeous projects. Can't wait to see and hear about it! Hugs!!!

Sandy said...

Hi, I've been blog hopping and found your blog - the title drew me in as purple is also my favourite colour. Wow, I love all of these cards and what fun it would be to go to stamp camp! Wonderful cards and so many techniques too,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Lisa, everything is so pretty, I just love seeing the new things you make at Stamp Camp. Wish we had something like that near me that I was able to attend. I've love to be able to do all of this, so amazing. Hugs, Lori m

Mel said...

Lisa, I love them all. Thank you so much for sharing them. I am so happy that you had fun, I cannot wait to see what you create with all you new goodies.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".