Today, I'm back to share two more cards, created for Summer Card Camp and both were created with our new color combo --
Today is also Video Day and today Jennifer had a great new technique to share. It's called Fingerinking and it's a technique I learned first when I took her workshop at my LSS in April. It's also one of the fun techniques where you really end up with some well-inked fingers and it by the end, you'll have ink all over, but it's also a blast.
If you are one who doesn't mind getting your fingers dirty, you'll love how it works and also love the look of your creations too! Once you are done, I highly suggest you have a Ranger Craft Scrubbie ready to quickly remove all that ink off your fingers. It's a great little tool and a must have for anyone who love to stamp and ink. I first found out about them after taking one of Tim Holtz's workshops, which is a workshop where you'll have ink all over. It was that very first day I saw them, that I bought one along with a very handy craft apron, that I also LOVE!!
These are two cards I created today and I followed along with Jennifer's video to create each of the backgrounds you'll see around my images. I used Watercolor paper along with Distress inks and basically used my fingers to transfer the ink from my craft mat to my paper! Almost like using my fingers as little ink dabbers!
This was the first card I created and in both cases I started by picked up a stamp, inking it with Versamark and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used my Tim Holtz Die and watercolor paper to pre-cut a stack of these label shapes today, before I started on my projects. This type of technique does work best with Watercolor paper because it takes the colors so well and you can add layers of ink/water and not have to worry about the paper ripping, piling or tearing.
For my second card I used the second Label shape (from the same die) and also many of the same Distress Ink colors. The main difference was my image and the card design I created.
I had a lot of fun making both these cards and will be looking forward to seeing what new inspiration we'll have tomorrow. I have a busy day tomorrow and will be up and off early to have my nails done and also enjoy a nice relaxing Pedicure! Yippee! A little bit of pampering for me and a perfect way to relax on a hot summer day! I'll then be back before noon and still the afternoon to create. A day without crafts if like a day without sunshine for me....! Yuk !!
Next, I am heading to a few of my challenge groups to see what is new and exciting today. I have been spending almost ALL my crafting time working on projects for Summer Card Camp and I'm totally loving ing I know that Camp will be over after next week and I know I'll miss it! In the meantime I'm going to savor every minute. Who would have thought that I would end up some day going to a Summer Camp that I totally LOVE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".


5 comments:
Wooooo, love them both! And yes, I did ended up crafting a bit after work, I was exhausted but still have play a little before bed. Haha! Enjoy your pampering!
WHOA!!! Lisa, these are AMAZING!!! I have to go look at the other ones...I am assuming you posted more and I missed them since i haven't been on the computer!! Wow, I just keep looking, these cards are so gorgeous!
I love seeing all the new cards, beautiful! Hugs, Lori m
Love this technique & your cards are beautiful :)
these are terrific, hope your day of pampering was as wonderful as it sounds!
Post a Comment