Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feeling better....!!

....The humidity is breaking and I can open the windows now and feel the cooler fresh air and it's AWESOME.  I'm also so happy, because I'm starting to feel better too and my feet are not nearly as swollen as they had been!   Thank goodness for the little things that make my day.

    On top of that I felt good enough to sit down and create a bit and finished up one new card for Summer Camp that I'm here to share.   We are still working with these colors, which I admit I'm getting used to and seem to like a bit more each day --

  The card I created today was done again with the fun Finger-inking technique that we learned from Jennifer McGuire at Summer Camp.    I  used one of my favorite Hero Arts Stamp Sets and that's how I began this card, by stamping and embossing the Wildflower stamp from this set.  Once I had it embossed, I used my own little fingers to paint on my background with a combination of Distress Inks and a tiny bit of Shimmer Mist in Sand.

    I then simply picked out some matching papers, cut some strips, scalloped one edge, and then put it all together to make my card.  I added two BG Brads and some twine as my simple embellishments an I was done.    
 
 
     While I was resting with my feet up this morning, I took my little Netbook and started browsing around for some new inspiration and to see what news there is on CHA.  I found a great video today from Spellbinders about the how to use the new Edgeabilities Dies and then had to pre-order two sets right away from ScrapMart.   I love that they do NOT charge you until your order ships, which I think is awesome.   If you have not seen the new sets yet - I have a link for you to them at Scrap-Mart and again, it's a store I can highly recommend.   To start with I ordered the Scallop set and the one called Postage Stamp.    Now I can see there are some more that have been added and I also think the new Flower Dies, look very cool too.    Argh???  .....Why do I always seems to want them ALL???

   Right after that, I was reading a cute email from Melanie telling me about all the new HA sets she has now added to her collection.  Once I saw her list, I realized just how many of these awesome stamps that I really love and that along with a Summer Camp Promo Code from Two Peas, sent me right to my WISH List in the store, where I added a few new sets to my collection.    I did NOT intend on buying anything this week, but once I realized some of the sets were already on-sale and that I could save even more with my code....well that was too good to pass up!    You know me....I LOVE a SALE!!  


   How about you?  Do you buy what you want, sale or NOT -- or do you try to be more frugal like me, and shop for SALES and when you have coupons and/or promo codes!   I also use Mr. Rebates anytime I can it's great that it works at some of the Craft Stores too!  

   Well that's my afternoon update and I'm glad now that I did rest and put my feet up this morning!  I guess sometimes I do have to give in, to feel better!!    Happy Crafting and for those of you like to shop too -- Happy Shopping!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Hugs, Lori m

Kerry said...

Hurray, super cute card! Woooo... shopping, shopping, shopping! CHA is coming, so excited!

Sharon said...

Hello my dear friend, long time no visit... so sorry about that... love your new cards. You're learning such a lot at your Summer Card Camp. Gosh, I've just spent a small fortune myself, so will NOT be tempted by you to see what new things are on the horizon...hehehehe Enjoy your shopping. Tons of hugs, Sharon xx

Linda Palmer said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better and back to crafting. Your creation is beautiful. Love the white on dark.

Teresa M. Arsenault said...

Lisa, your starry background is so pretty, but I'm unable to read your posts.
Your color challenge card is lovely.
Blessings on your health today,
Teresa

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".