Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another crafty day...

 ... Today has been another peaceful and crafty day for me.  This morning I went to class (my online class) and completed the second lesson in my Design Studio Class at MCC.  For me, it was another really easy class, and I have my assignment done already too, so that gave me plenty of free time to make cards.  
    I'm still working on my Copic Coloring and having my "little" sun template has been great.  It's a wonderful little tip I learned in the Copic Coloring Class I've been following at Simply Scrapping Crafts.  I'm having a great time there and really love the challenges.  
   Today, I also finished up another card using one of my new Magnolia Stamps.  This is Tilda with her Cowberry Muffin.  I have to admit I have no idea what a Cowberry is, but the muffin looks yummy to me!   I colored little Tilda in ALL in my favorite shades of lavender and light violet colors and then used my Oval Scalloped Spellbinder dies to cu her out and added another layer of a blue violet paper from my scraps.   This card is being entered into a few challenges, and I created it with them all in mind!  The first idea was to use base my card layout on the "SKETCH" challenge over at Simon Says.   If you want to see the sketch, then HOP on over and you'll find it HERE!


   I am also entering it to the "Recycle" Challenge over at "A Spoon Full of Sugar".  I've been trying more and more to use "scraps" in my cards and on this card the violet blue patterned paper, the "white" embossed card-stock and the lavender ribbons were all things I had in my Scrap Bucket.   I think using scraps is awesome and I've been inspired from a  few different challenges lately to use them up!
    I am submitting little Miss Tilda to the "Spring is in the Air" challenge over at "By the Cute and Girly".  I think with her lovely lavender dress and all the flowers and ribbons, that this is a very spring-like card...and a very Girly Girl card too!
    Now, I am off to practice more on my coloring and maybe start on my cards for this week's color challenge over at the "Copic Colour Challenge"!  I hope some my COPIC friends will join in and work on a card to submit!  I know there are plenty of you out there...so please pull out your markers and start coloring!! 

     Happy Crafting!!
 
  

3 comments:

pinky said...

Its just beautiful, your colouring is excellent, the shading is really really good. Could do with a class myself lol. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
Pinky

Hannapanna said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the sweet image. :) Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly

Dena said...

Lisa, what a gorgeous take on the sketch this week! You did a knock out job!!!! Love the pretty shade of purple you used!
Thanks for joining Simon Says Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".