.....Rain Rain go away....and please stay away for awhile too. I've had more than enough rain lately and would LOVE to see some SUNSHINE. It's been cloudy or rainy now since Friday and it's pretty nasty too. Thankfully, the winds have NOT been nearly as bad as the last storm and we have not "thankfully" lost power. I HOPE very much that we do NOT lose it, I really am NOT good without electricity.
The other bad part of this lousy weather is that it really make my Fibro worse and takes away all my energy. I've barely done much of anything today. I slept until 8:30 this morning, which is very late for me, but I know part of that was from changing the clocks last night. I will LOVE having the longer daylight hours, but it will be hard to get up for a few days.
I did work on a few crafty projects today, which was fun. One was a really cute "flower seed packet" set that I made after seeing them over at Simply Scapping Crafts. Sharon Duff, one of the members had created them with her Cricut and posted a picture to share. I wrote to her to asked what cartridge she used and found out she used the "Tags, Bags and Boxes" cart, and that this is the "TagPkt1" cut and that if you use a 12X12 Mat and set the size to 10 3/4" that you'll fit two too each sheet. Today, I tried them and made these two on my first attempt. I added the ribbons, flowers and sentiment and they were fun and easy!
They can even be used for little "favors" or little Thank You gifts...and so much more. Each one will hold a packet of two of "seeds" perfectly. Or you could add candy, money, or lots of other little trinkets, use your own imagination to come up with an idea! I really like them and I thank Sharon again for sharing this cute project! I think I could learn a lot from her and I hope she'll be in our group for a long time and keep sharing her Cricut tips and projects with us!
After I made those I always created this next card for two challenge, both at SSC. The first was for the Month "Punch or Die Cut" Challenge and for that you had to create any project using at least three die cuts. The second challenge that it also worked our perfect for was the "Punch & Die Cutter Challenge" and also for this month's "Technique Wednesday Challenge".
This is the card that I created for both challenges --
Another fun challenge and a nice "Spring" card too. I am really enjoying being a member of this fun "Challenge" group and LOVE that there are so many challenges all if one place. It was also awesome to win the "Featured Designer of the Month" for February and I love my awesome prize package.
If you like challenges, like me...then please hop on over the Simply Scrapping Crafts and join in on the fun.
Take care and as always -- Happy Crafting!!

3 comments:
Hi Lisa - Your seed packets are awesome! I'm so glad you made them. The can be dressed up or down and still be as cute as ever. If I get time this week I'm going to experiment on a gift card size. I'll post it as soon as I get it finished. I'm not a Cricut expert by no means, but am more than happy to help you with whatever you need.
This is the first time anyone has ever made something that I made! It feels kinda neat. Thank you!
Have a good night! We are also hoping for sunshine in PA! {{{{Hugs}}}} Sharon
LOVE LOVE LOVE your seed packets!! I may scraplift them myself! I hope you feel better tomorrow...I'll be thinking sunny, warm thoughts for you!
Thanks Sharon - I think they are wonderful and I as more than happy to give ALL the credit to you.
The same goes to Christy...feel free to "scraplift" them, but please give the cred all to Sharon! :)
They are adorable and very easy to make. I'm sure I'll make more myself!
Post a Comment