On a happier note, I am trying really had to keep my mind busy and cardmaking has always helped me. Even so, it's been a struggle this week, but I know it helps to make the days pass and keeps my mind off of stress and upset!
I have a few new cards to share and I'm starting with a card I created for this week's challenge over at the SCACD Friends With Heart Challenge Blog. This week it's Challenge #2 and our challenge is to create any project that features a stamp sold at Susana's Store, and you must also include a 'heart' on your project. I chose this adorable Shy Bear, from the I Break for Stamps line.
My 'Bear Hugs' Card was also inspired and created for these additional challenges!
- A Spoonful of Sugar - Challenge # 147 - All Creatures Great & Small
- Creative Craft Challenges - Embossing (Heart or Dry)
- Friends with Heart Challenge Blog - SCACD Stamp required/And a Heart
And this is my card, which I created in an Easter Theme. My image is a cute new digi I picked up from PollyCraft. For my card I flipped the sketch and used two different Spellbinder die cuts for my image background.
My Happy Easter card is being submitted to each of these fun challenges -- hope you'll play too!
- Die Cut Dreams Challenge - Challenge # 87 - It's Easter Time
- PollyCraft Monday - Challenge #88 - Easter
- Aly's Sunday Sketch - Challenge # 39 - Hippity Hoppity Bunnies
Color Inspiration
My Card
And I truly an "Sew Grateful" that I was able to come up with a card for the challenge. I was also excited to try out my "Sew Easy" tool that I bought from SCACD. I am impressed with how easy it was to use and that was my very first try. I know in time, I'll use it more and more and in time, I'll probably LOVE sewing challenges? (Well...maybe?) If you are like me and can NOT sew, or really do NOT even like to sew, then I think this will be a great tool for you to add to your craft collection. You can find it HERE, as Susana's store along with a fabulous instructional video done by Marti.
And I have two more cards to share and these were created for today's new Midweek Throwdown Challenge being hosted over at the Stars and Stamps Blog. The challenge this week is to create a card with lots of layers, something I enjoy! It's also being sponsored by StampFairy and I was happy to have created while I was still part of the Design Team for the challenge too, so I'm actually sharing them both with you here!! This is the the StampFairy card that I created last month and is featured over at OWH today. This fun little Birthday Card features Lenny with Flowers, one of my favorite bears from StampFairy.
My sweet little Linda Ballet Card is also being submitted to each of these challenge and you are all welcome to join in:
- Operation White Home - Midweek Throwdown - Layers
- My Partner In Creating - Challenge # 24 - Layer it up
- Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog - # 62 - Cute and Cuddly Animals







26 comments:
Hi Lisa!
I'm so sorry to hear you've been having such a time of it this month. I really feel for you and hope you get to feeling yourself again soon. :-)
Your mojo hasn't been hurt, but I think you're probably like most of us crafters and making cards is good therapy.
You did a nice job on all of these. Thanks for sharing.
((Cyber hugs))
Dorcas
You've been busy!! All are such cute cards!! Thank you for playing along with SCACD Friends with Heart!!
Awesome work Lisa, And your blog is awesome too. found you from outlawz..:)
Great work, Lisa! I adore that ruffled ribbon on the last card! Sorry to hear you have been having a rough day; hoping tomorrow brings you joy!
Hey sweety!! I'm sorry you are having such a lousy month!! I wish I could come give you a BIG HUG!! All of these...WOW Lisa...you have been BUSY and TOTALLY rockin the challenges!! You go girl!! Loves you!
Feel better soon, Fibro is horrible!!!!
Your cards are all fantastic, I would never know you weren't feeling well each one is so right on.
Hugs, Lori m
Beautiful cards Lisa! I'm sorry you are struggling through this month, we love you my friend :) Hugs, Jan
oh lis..... i do hope you feel back in the SPRING of things soon!
these cards are all absolutely stunning! thank you so much for sharing with us this week at MY PARTNER......
hugs :)
Hi Lis ~ Hope you're feeling better ~ Sunny days ahead for you! :) All your cards are lovely and your stitching turned out great.
I didn't even know the Q tickets were on sale; I never really checked. Ever since the price went way up, I lost interest. I am taking a class on Saturday to make a bracelet which I'm looking forward to. Take Care :)
I am so touched by all the wonderful comments and kind words you have all left for me!!
I can't begin to tell you how nice it was to read them all...you really helped to lift my spirits and I am very thankful for you ALL!
Hugs,
Lis
Lis, you were so busy!! I love every one of these cards. I love the Sewing card. That image is perfect for it! So glad you played. All of your cards are darling and so creative. Sorry that April is a difficult month for you! Hope May comes soon and so does the sunshine!!!
hugs, Bren
Thanks so much for playing along with My Partner in Crafting Crime's 'layer it up' challenge! Good luck with the extra draws!
Robin
yeeppyyyy Lisa, smile girl the Spring is here.
Soon will be warm, flowers everywhere :)
Hope you are feeling a lot better.
Your card are so cute and adorable dear.
Thanks for join us at SCACD friends with Heart challenge this week.
I think it's great that you can create such pretty cards when you're not feeling your best! You've colored everything so well, and each card makes me smile :)
I'm glad you have an outlet to take your mind off your problems, and I wish you brighter days ahead!
Take care :)
WOW Lis, you've been very busy :) These are all fantastic. Crafting is great therapy...hope next week is better for you and you start feeling much better really soon!
BIG Hugs xx
Veeery cute cards, as always :)
OMGosh Lis! You are really cranking out some darling cards! I just love your images! Enabler! Every time I see your cards I have to go grab some images! LOL! You are so talented! Coloring is fabulous as always!
Big Hugs to You! You are in my thoughts and prayers as I know how hard this month is for you! Just remember you have one fantastic event in April your darling Alex was born!
Big Hugs!
You have been busy and all such adorable cards!! I pray that your days become brighter. Thank you for playing with us at PCC. Hugs, Shelby
Lisa I hope you are feeling much better soon-I have my own battle with M.E going on and I have also found that cardmaking is a real savior to me-when I am stuck in bed I lie there thinking about my next project and getting ideas, I am sure you are the same! :-) You have a lovely collection of cards here and your ballet card is perfect for our challenge :-)
Thank you for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime and hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine xxx PCC DT
p.s I have candy!
Wow, so many pretty cards you have created! Your bear hugs card is so adorable! Thank you for joining us at SCACD Friends with Heart Challenge and I hope you feel better real soon!
Great card Great card thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Jenny x
All of your cards are absolutely adorable! I see a theme here... you must love bears! lol And CUTE bears at that!
I'm just so sorry to hear that April is a horrible month for you. I'm going to lift you up in prayer, asking for God's healing power for you.
Warm hugs,
Lisa
Whoa Hunny~~busy as a bee!!! All your cards are so sweet!!!! Sorry to read that you have been not feeling well~~hope you get relief--bummer :(
It is hard dealing with issues~~believe I know and glad you can create for enjoyment!! Will keep you in my daily devotions!!!
Thanks for joining us at SCACD Friends with Heart!!! That Bear Hugs card is the BEST!!!!!!!!
Blessings
WOW....all these cards are so cute!!! Thanks for playing along with our Sentiments challenge.
So many cute cards, thanks for sharing at DCD and hope you feel happier soon.
Hugs from Ali & the Dream Team
lovely cards! hope you are better! Thank you for playing with us at Die Cut Dreams Club!
Post a Comment