I am very help to do my little part to help promote Autism Awareness during this month. I was very touched with I read about all the cities that took part in the 'Light it up Blue' Activities that took place on yesterday (April 2, 2011), to promote World Autism Awareness Day!
Additionally, I was very happy to create a card to help promote 'Autism Awareness' by taking part in a challenge this month over at the Copic Musketeers. Everyone is welcome and invited to join in and you can find all the details on the challenge and how you can also help to donate by hoping over to the Blog -- HERE!
My card was created featuring the 'Autism Awareness Ribbon', and this touching image was the 'Freebie' donated by Stef - of Glitterbabe's. I also was very honored and happy to buy the other images she created to for this special project. All of the proceeds will be donated to Autism Awareness/Research, a truly wonderful cause.
Below is a picture of the Autism Awareness Ribbon that online. I am also including a link to a wonderful article on the History of the Autism Ribbon, on the Bright Hub website and you can find it HERE!
And lastly, this is the card that I created based on the challenge and also to help promote Autism Awareness. I hope that it will inspire you to donate to this cause and to also learn more about Autism and all those who live this will illness daily.
My card was created in a clean and simply style and I wanted the focus to be on the Awareness Ribbon. To make the main focus, I actually created it in layers. I printed out the image twice in them same size. I used my Copics to color the first ribbon and then cut that out. I then color the second ribbon to match and layered it on top with pop dots for more dimension. I searched online for Autism sayings and then added it digitally to my card to complete it.
I hope I have now inspired you to join the challenge, donate to this wonderful cause and also teach you a bit more about Autism. If you would like to help in other ways, please contact the Autism Society at this link!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".




6 comments:
Lisa, your card is really inspiring. Thank you so much for joining us at the CM challenge and for your support. You are the best.
Hi Lisa! Love the card. It’a beautiful thing to be part of this event.
Hugs,
Julia
Great card, Lisa. Thanks so much for joining in on the CM challenge for April. I love the stitching you did on your card, too!
Your card is beautiful. I love it.
LOVE your layout, so clean and beautiful - wonderful card.
Hi Lis ~ Your card for Autism Awareness is wonderful!! Great job as always. :)
Post a Comment