Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet Savanah....and a bit of sad news!!

  Today is a special day over at Baby Bud Designs, as it's a new release day and today I'm happy to introduce you to Savanah, the newest little addition to the Baby Bud Family.


   Savanah has been added to the Etsy Store today and you can also hop on over to the Baby Bud Blog and take a peek at all the wonderful creations the Design Team has to share.   This is the very first card I created using this sweet new image and I wanted it to be a fun little 'Things Go Better with Hugs' card.

    After I finished this card, I realized I was NOT loving the glitter on her dress!  And on top of that I also was not pleased with my photo, (too many cloudy days), and that's when I decided to make another card -- Something that I would hopefully,  like better?   Well that second card was NOT good at all -- it was so bad that I did not even take a picture at all, it's long gone and was off to our recycle center on Saturday.

    And that's also when I created this card, (my third attempt), and the one card that in the end, turned out to be my favorite!

   I have no clue why I seem to have lost my mojo, maybe because I have been feeling so wiped out? I'm not sure, but it's frustrating and I hope it doesn't last too long.  I know my fatigue is not helping --  Darn this Fibro!   It's because of these feelings that I have had to make the sad decision to leave the Baby Bud Design Team.   It's very sad and hard for me to leave and after today, I will no longer be a member of any Design Teams which is truly bittersweet.    At this point, I plan to take off the next few months and do my very best to heal and focus on HAPPY days.   I love Summer and always feel best in the Summer, so I'm going to do my best to totally rest and enjoy every moment of the warmth and sunshine. 

   Before I go, and most importantly, I want to give Special Thanks to Mary Anne and Krista for taking me onto the team last Fall.  It's been so much fun to create with these sweet little Buds and I will continue to do that in my free time.  I'm also very blessed that they gave me the opportunity to design, despite my disability.  It means so much to me and I'll always be very grateful for this time.   I have to admit, that it also makes me very sad that I've had to give up my roles on two teams, that I really LOVE!  I  have met so many wonderful new crafters and plan to keep in touch.

    My very Best Wishes to all the wonderful people I have meet while being part of this team and special thanks again for being so sweet and kind!  Please take care, keep in touch and as always - keep on creating!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Both sweet cards Lis.... they are both lovely. So sorry you are still having such a hard time, think you deserve a well earned rest and return to some DT work when you feeling better, a good rest can do the world of good and hope the sunny days appear soon! Jo xxx

cdjcape521 said...

Hi Lis! These cards are precious! I'm sorry we won't see you for awhile, hopefully you will be on the CMC chat, or a few of the other sites. Take care, I am sure that darn winter in MA has not helped your fibro! Keep in touch, we want to hear from you!
cdjcape521.blogspot.com

Yone said...

Hi, Lisa,
I didn't know much about you, because we only met once or twice at the CMC chat ! Hope you can have brighter sunny days in the future ! Your cards and coloring are great ! Hugs, Yone

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Dana!!
I hope that I have now corrected the issue with the font! I found out that Blogger came out with a ton of new fonts and that one looked fun, but I think it's a bit too soon!!!

Stand by for more updates! :)

Hugs,
Lis

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Both of your cards are so sweet, Lisa! I really do love the sparkly dots on her dress on the first card :) and the red and layout on the second makes it all so pretty!
I am so sorry that you are not doing so well! You will be missed! See you around blog land :)
hugs, margie

Lisa said...

great cards, I say you still have some mojo left in you!!! It's been a pleasure working with you Lis, you will be missed
Hugs!!

Paula S. said...

Sweet card! I hope that you are feeling better soon. I enjoy checking in on your your blog and what you are creating.

Welcome! said...

Sweet Lis!!! You will be dearly missed at Baby Buds and I really hope you know how much we appreciate all you've done and all of your hard work! I hope you start to feel better with the nicer weather coming! You deserve it! Please keep in touch!
Bug Hugs,
Krista :)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".