Friday, April 29, 2011

Precious and Pink...

  Today, is a nice day for me, despite some bittersweet memories of a day that will always hold a special place in my heart.   I will be very happy when April is over, as this month is full of sad memories and today marks another of those days in my family.  It was twelve years ago today that I tragically lost my brother in an terrible accident.  His memory will always be in my heart and he will in some ways forever live in my boys.  My son, Brian, was given his middle name and Greg was also Brian's God-Father, something I am very proud of and a decision I'm very happy I made.

   I'm trying very hard to remember the good times and focus on happy things and the gorgeous weather we are having today.  I woke up bright and early and watched 'The Royal Wedding' this morning, which was so sweet and touching.  I can only imagine how proud Diana would have been of her son and I'm sure this too, in some ways is a bittersweet day for William and Kate.  

   I've spent most of my day crafting and focusing on fun and happy things and both of the cards I am here to share are both very sweet and make me smile!   My first card was created for today's brand new challenge over at Baby Bud Designs and I was very happy to play along!   I totally loved being part of the Design Team and had always loved these wonderful sweet images.   Today's also a fun day at Baby Bud, as it's Friday Freebie day and if you hurry on over to the blog, you can pick up a cute new freebie HERE!   You can also even use that image to play along in this month's challenge which is "Punches & Dies".  The Lady Buds want to see lots of die-cuts or punched shapes on your card !   This is my card I was inspired to create, featuring one of my favorite little buds - Kira, who was paper-pieced into this cute little Pink outfit!
.
 My sweet little Kira card is being submitted to each of these challenges!  Please feel free to play along and visit each of the challenge sites for all the details:
  My second card today also feature another adorable image and this one if one of the Lori Boyd's Lollipop digis -- little Maisie, who has also been decked out in Pink, for the new color combo challenge over at 'By Lori Designs' which you'll find HERE!

   I have also posted a copy of the colors for Challenge # 15, for those of you who may want to play along.

 Challenge Color Inspiration
  
My Card


    My precious little Baby Maisie card was also created and is being submitted to these fun challenges.
    I hope I have inspired you to color up something pretty and take part in some of these fun challenges!  In the meantime I want to wish everyone a wonderful weekend and hope you all have some fantastic Spring weather!

    Lastly, special thanks my my dear friend Pat, who sent me this fabulous picture today!  It's one of my favorite flowers, a gorgeous Iris and is in purple....my favorite color!   I LOVE it!!




    Hugs,
   Lisa

27 comments:

Angela B. said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Remembrance is always a good thing. Saying Prayer for you today!

Trina said...

sorry this month has been so bad for you. I'm glad to see you're still crafting. I really like how the flower on the first one sparkles. they're both great!

Doreen said...

You have made two gorgeous cards.Thanks for sharing this with us at Bearly Mine.xxx

Dawn said...

=( Sorry for your loss.

Your cards are very cute.

Danni said...

Thinking of you!

Wonderful cards, so sweet! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Michelle said...

Very pretty card for our FBW challenge this week! Thanks for joining us!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us Bearly Mine.....

Hugs
Judith

Tracey said...

It's May tomorrow Lisa :) I hope you are keeping well sweetie. I love these cards & the photo is gorgeous & I can certainly see why you love purple soo much.
Take care
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Pami said...

Hi Lisa, i am sorry you are going through a sad time. You have made two very sweet and lovely cards. I love the colours, and the flowers. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week and good luck. Pami x

Anonymous said...

Lisa I'm so sorry this is a sad month for you, and you've made so many pretty things even while going through this.

Love your cards and thank you so much for the very supportive and kind comment on my blog. I'm going to try and enjoy a few of these sun rays today and May 1st is tomorrow, a new month and new beginning.

Hugs and blessings, Lori m

cheryl said...

so sorry for you loss sweetie,as for your card its just gorgoues,love the image and colors
bless you for playing at creative craft,challenge love hugs cheryl xxxxx

cheryl said...

hi hun me back sorry I meant to say, bless you for playing at anything goes this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx got mixed up lol

Uhooi said...

Cards are nice and cute,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Ken and Carol Revalee said...

Sorry for your loss.. I lost my sister of 14 years when I was 11. I often think of her. She passed away May 20th, 1966 - Time may heal some of the pain but not my memories of her. She still lives in my heart. I think I will dedicate a special card in her honor and send as a just because to my mother.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful cards Lisa - love the cute little girl and the gorgeous flower. Thank you so much for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Tamara Morton said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, your cards are very beautiful.. Thank you for sharing with us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you ALL so much for so many wonderful, kind, caring and heartfelt words!

Crafters are some of the kindest and most caring people I have ever met! Thank you again again for taking the time to post...it means a lot to me!

Hugs,
Lis

~Vittory~ said...

Really cute card! Girl is so FUNNY!
Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Hope to see you again.
With best wishes,
Viktoria

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Hello my friend-
I'm sorry to hear about your long month of sadness. Just reading your words, you must know that your thoughts are words of wisdom for someone else. Your words are always so powerful and positive....So you most know that you have a strong will for anything and everything.

Your cards are beautiful and stunning. Baby Bud Kira look fantastic paper piece all in pink polks dots and sparkle. So happy to see you join us this month at Baby Bud Designs "Dies/Punches" Challenge.

BIG hugs,
Calypso

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lisa these are two beautiful cards what gorgeous colours, images and designs, I love them both.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Crafteezee said...

Oh Lis, I feel very sad reading your post. I am so glad April is over for you, focus on the good times and live for today, we never know what's around the corner. Hopefully the wedding cheered you up along with your crafting time.

Did you get round to finishing your online classes. I haven't, oops! Need to get back into them before they expire.

Love all your creations so whilst I'm here I'll say thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine.

Huge Cyber Hug,

Tracy x

BrossArtAddiction said...

Aww super adorable cards!! Lovely DP and you coloring is very pretty! :D

Thanks for playing with us at BLD challenge and goodluck! :D

xx Tracey/DT xx

...just Peggy said...

This are all very nice cards. Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet.

Anonymous said...

Cute cards! So sorry for the loss of your brother. Your attitude is wonderful though, so just keep thinking positive! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

Brook said...

Cute cards! I just love the flowers and butterfly on your second card. Thanks for joining us this week at By LORi Designs Challenges.

stempelfeest said...

sorry to hear about the difficult period you are going throught. Hang on girl!
Super cute card! Thank your for joining us at BLD Challenge last week. There is another challenge running at the moment, feel free to enter again!
x Mariska

ThePurplePlace said...

I thank you all once again for the dear and kind comments you may! I am now happy that APril is behind me for another year and now will focus on enjoying Spring and Summer -- my favorite time of year!!

Hugs,
Lis

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".