The morning class was called Inspiration Showcase and was a fabulous techniques class. We learned over 20 different stamping techniques and in the end we created these adorable hearts, each created with it's own technique. The first picture shows the image we had as our inspiration and the second picture is my canvas, (In progress), I will work more on mine today and finish it off. In class, we wanted to focus on learning all the techniques and it worked perfect, so we could finish our canvas, at home.
This was our inspiration image
My Canvas
In Progress
Here is a picture of Jennifer, helping
out one of the girls on our table.
I foolishly forgot my camera, duh Lisa, and only had my phone, which did not take the best pictures. This was one of the best....and the only one that came out well enough to share! I also my friend (Kerry), from Baby Bud Designs and you can hop on over to her blog, to see her canvas, which is already all done!! I also met another local crafter, Kristen, who come to find out, has some of the same mutual craft friends that I do. She also has her own Challenge Blog - Going Great with Scrap-Creations, which you can find HERE! I have even participated in Kristen's challenges before and will now plan to try and take part even more. There is a new challenge every Tuesday and everyone is welcome to play. This is is a sketch challenge and you can find it HERE! I HOPE to try and find time to make a card for this challenge and have it done in time. If not, I'm planning to hop on over on Tuesday, to see what is next!! I really enjoy have the opportunity to meet up with crafters that I know from Blog-land and yesterday, was another of those great days - it really is a small world !
Our afternoon class, was a Card class called 'Technique Treasury', where we again focused on a variety of wonderful techniques to created 8 cards! I did not finish my cards yet, but will be sure to share some pictures, when I do. In the interim, I have one picture of the inspiration image we were given in our packets. I hope to finish up my cards today or tomorrow and will post them then. You can also hop on over to Jennifer's blog and see a few more sneak peeks of all the projects samples we created.
Technique Treasury
Card Inspiration
I had a fabulous day, my fibro pain level was down and I felt good all day. I always feel so blessed to have a really good day and although I am wiped now today, it was well worth it. I also bought a couple new stamps and a few goodies at the store, after class. Oh and I won a door prize after the first class, which was a great goodie bag - here is a little picture of my Goodies. My bag had Glossy Accents, Sponge Daubers, Hero Arts Ribbon (in purple), a set of Flowers and lots of wonderful BLING!! It's as if it had been picked especially for me and I know I'll use it all!!
Kerry, was a very lucky gal and won a prize in both sessions, way to go! We all had a fun day and I am now planning to keep in touch with Kristen too! I'm going back to AE in May for another all day session of techniques classes - being taught by Kate, the store owner. These will be the continuation of her Ink Paint Workshops 3 and 4 and Kerry and some of her friends from New Hampshire, will be coming down again. Those very lucky ladies are also heading to CK in Manchester, NH at the end of the month and I would LOVE LOVE to go. If I could find someone here locally to travel with, I would go in a heartbeat, I'm just not sure I could handle the drive up and back on my own, and the hotel was already sold out, when I found out! Bummer!! In the meantime, I'll plan much better for next year and will definitely try and make the trip.
I am off now to work on my projects and want to wish you all a great day! If you ever have a chance to take a class with Jennifer....don't miss it! I think you'll be very pleased and totally LOVE IT!!


10 comments:
Lisa these are so cute. They look so easy. I would of loved to have gone with you to the class, it looks like it was a lot of fun. Love all of them.
Hugs...
Hi Lisa,
I totally agree, yesterday was super fun. :) I was exhausted, but after dinner I was determine to get the canvas done. ;P And I finished it at 2am, hehe! Can't wait until next class! Hugs!
Sounds like such a great time! WOnderful work on your hearts, so far! Can't wait to see the completed project!
OMG.....you lucky duck....She needs to come to California!!! So glad to hear youu had a good time...Oh yeah!!! Leave a disposable camera in your crafting bag!!! Believe me it will come in handy.
Big Hugs!
You lucky girl lol! So glad you had lots of fun and learnt so many techniques, look forward to seeing the canvas finished! Take careX:)
Oh my! Those hearts are GORGEOUS!! Way to go! I'm glad you could enjoy a pleasant day crafting with friends. :-)
Awesome, Lis! Congrats on the win! And purple ribbon too! Wow! I think that prize had your name written all over it. LOL
So glad you had such a good time & connected with some new bloggie friends. How wonderful is that.
The hearts are just darling........and so many wonderful techniques. Wow! Your canvas already looks great. Can't wait to see it finished.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥
Lisa,
It was great to meet you and I had a great time in class. I hope we bump into to each other again.
Wow, Lis! that is awesome! Wish I could have gone with you and how COOL is that to have met up with other blogging crafters. AWESOME!
I love all of those hearts you made in Jennifer's class. They are all adorable. I would love to make those. I know that this must have been a great class to take; I'm so envious. Glad you were feeling good.
Post a Comment