Thursday, April 28, 2011

Smile....

   Yesterday ending up being a gorgeous afternoon, the shine was shining and I spent a few hours outside planting flowers....a true joy.  Today....well, more of the cloudy weather again, but considering how dangerous and scary some of the storms have been in the South and Midwest, I am very grateful that it's only cloudy.  I will take a cloudy rainy day anytime over a stormy day!  My heart is with all those who are battling the storm and I hope everyone is safe and well!

     I have been working on a variety of fun new challenge cards today and my main theme is all about happy and fun cards, the kind that make you SMILE!   I am starting with a fun card I created to two new challenges using a cute new Lenny digi from StampFairy.   I started by coloring my image with Ranger Distress Inks a new method of coloring that I am slowly learning from the classes I take from Angie Hunt.  I have not had a lot of time until now to get back to class, so I'm very much a beginner.  I can however tell you that the classes are fantastic and many of the students are now coloring gorgeous images all with Ranger Distress Inks.  I am excited to be back in class and today was a nice way to practice.   I still have a LOT more to learn, but I am looking forward to pushing myself to make sure I spend some time every week on this wonderful coloring medium.    If you hare interested, you can find all the details on Angie's Classes, over at the  Color Me Creative Classroom - here!

    For this card, I totally started wrong and should have printed out my image on Watercolor Paper, but since I had it done, I colored it on Cryogen, which is my favorite for Copics.  Typically, when using any water based products you'll get a much better result with Watercolor paper!  It's the same for those who color with Prismacolor Pencils!

   My 'Smile' card is being submitted to each of the fun challenges -
   My next two cards were both created with the same image and I did it purposely to show just how differently us an use one image with a variety of colors and designs to make two very different cards.  In both cases I used a new digi I picked up with DigiStamp Boutique, and this cutie is Lucy, who you can find in the store Here!  

    My first card was colored and inspired by this week's challenge over at The Pink Elephant and our challenge this week is a Color Challenge using these colors -


    This card was also designed and created to submit to all of these challenges -
   And here is another sweet card, also featuring the adorable Lucy from DSB.  This card was colored for today's new Copic Coloring Challenge over at SSC, along with the other challenges outlined below.    Our challenge this week at SSC, is to color a project, leaving some 'White".  On my card I chose to make her little dress white and then also colored it in with Stickles in Star Dust, for the extra sparkle!

   This cards is being submitted to each of these fun challenges, and like the others, everyone is welcome to play along:
   And I think that will be it for today!  I am going to great ready to put dinner in the oven and will try and get to bed early.  I want to get up early and watch as much of the 'Royal Wedding' as I can LIVE.  Just in case I oversleep, I have already set up my DVR to record the Wedding.  I think it will be a joy to see and I wish William and Kate a lifetime of happiness!

   Have a wonderful night and as always -- Happy Crafting!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa your cards are so pretty and the stamps you used are precious, I just love the collection you have. Hugs, Lori m:)

Anonymous said...

Lisa I just read your "A Little About Me', gosh we could be cyber sisters.

I was first diagnosed with Fibro back in 1996, little was known back then. That and so much more, I feel your pain and will keep prayers that you suffer no more pain.

Hugs and Blessings, Lori m

Amy said...

Oh Em Gee!!! LISA I love these cards! That Lucy image is just fantastically cute! I love her pink hair in the first card!!

mindy gallagher said...

So cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPV!!!

Suzy said...

The bling you added really adds to the card! Thanks for joining our polkadot challenge at TPV! :)
Suzanne

Gerda said...

Hi Lis

love your new creations. All of them are very cute but, of course, I love the first card most *smiles*

Glad to hear you were having a great day!! Thanks for playing with us at Stampfairy Challenge.

Hugs, Gerda

Annette said...

These are all adorable Lis, I love lenny bubbles but your little girlie cards are beautiful too. Fab creations. Thanks for sharing. Annette xx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow - these are fabulous Lisa....the pink hair is adorable, but both are coloured wonderfully...thanks for joining in the DSB competition....Sally-Ann...xx

Ann said...

Lis ~ Adorable cards; and I really love the pink hair. I keep meaning to color hair purple pink, green...some sort of color like that for fun. Your hair shading is looking wonderful, love it! Is the little pink butterfly made from a punch, I love it and if it is would love to know where the punch is from. Ann :)

XXOO AMY said...

soooo cute! love the details! thanks for sharing with us at TPV!

Carissa said...

Great to see you around. Love the cards. Thanks for joining us on the Stampfairy Challenge. Hugs, Carissa

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lis, what an beautiful card. I love the colour scheme and layout you’ve used. Thanks for joining in the April monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

Nina said...

Wonderful card you have made to SAM :) Totally love the motiv and the colors and flowers are just beautiful.
The other cads are also wonderful!

Thank you for joining us at Stampavie and More this week :)
Hugs,
Nina.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Hi Lis - you have been a busy bee! Loving the happy cards!!!! Thanks so much for playing at StampFairy Challenge.

Deanne :)

Sharon Basel said...

Hi Lis!
Love that Lenny peaking out - don't you just adore these new peekaboo images?! Your card is great with all the circles. The other cards are pretty terrific too. It's always good to see your creations. Thanks for sharing it at StampFairy!
Sharon :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lisa! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".