Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lots of new projects....

   We have had the worst Spring that I can remember in a long time.  I can't even remember the last day I saw the sun and lately it's back to very cold, damp and lousy weather!!  YUK!!    We really need some warmth and sunshine and I hope it comes soon.

    Today, I was up and out early to have my nails done, which is always a nice little treat.  Now, I am home and back in my craft room and ready to create.  I really do feel so lucky to have a hobby that keeps me so busy, otherwise I think I'd be ready to scream!

    I have several new cards to share, all created in the past few days.   I'm starting with some more of the cards from the Jennifer McGuire Workshop, which  I took on Saturday.  In the afternoon session, it was all card-making and more techniques and we had a total of eight cards to work on.  We focused in class on learning the techniques and took the rest home to finish.  These are a few more of the cards that I have now complete.   I changed around a few of the colors, layouts and sentiments on some, to make me more 'me'.


Bloom
These flowers were actually from a Hero Arts Stamp.
Stamps on Watercolor Paper and Heat Embossed in White 
We then added the color with Distress Inks and Perfect Pearls
The background card base is the Large Flower Stamp - Tone on Tone!


Hope
 
 In class we created a window card, with a stamped image
on the inside -- mine smudged, so I took that care and revamped
it bay using a Sentiment cute with a Scalloped circle Nestie
layered on a Textured Circle.
The Background and the little bird were all
stamped/colored with Distress Inks.


Thank you / Friend
This card was very fun!  First the 'Friend' definition stamp was heat embossed in white.
We then added a background of inks and stamps a second Leaf Stamp.
That was layered onto a card base that was stamped with this Hero Arts Stamp
and we added the Sentiment, Ribbon and Button!


Special Note / Acetate Card
This card was really unique to me and was created from a piece of Acetate that had
been cut to A2 size and embossed with a Cuttlebug Folder.   I decided to change the embossing at home, and simply ran it though my Cuttlebug with a different folder.  The flower and the die-cut pieces were all colored using a variety of techniques, inks and stamps.  A very cool card!!

************************************


   The next two cards are new cards I created this weeks for a variety of challenges.   The first were inspired by the new challenges being hosted over the 'The Outlawz Challenge Group'.  
Color Combo Challenge
The Outlawz


Greeting Card Challenge
The Outlawz

   This card is also being submitted to this week's 'For the Girls' challenge over at StampFairy.   My image is from StampFairy and is my favorite little Bunny - Clementine.   In addition, this card was also submitted to this week's Copic Color Challenge over at the Color Me Creative Classroom, which you can find HERE!!

    That's it for now, but I do have more to share and will be back, when I find more energy to keep typing!  I hope you all have a super day and as always --- Happy Crafting!!



6 comments:

Gerda said...

Hi Lis

wow, so many new cards. You are super busy my dear :)

Love the new greeting card with Bunny Clementine, it is adorable. Keep them coming, it is always a pleasure to see your creations.

Thanks for joining the Stampfairy Challenge this week.

Hugs, Gerda

Danni said...

All are such wonderful cards!

Annette said...

Wow, you've been busy. Love little Clemantine, but they're all fab. You've got some lovely papers on those cards. They're all fab. Annette xx (Stamp Fairy DT)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Hi Lis - good to see you are keeping busy hun! Clemmy is my favorite (of course). Hope to see you soon! Thanks so much for playing at StampFairy Challenge.

Deanne :)

Kerry said...

Gorgeous cards Lisa! Great new touches on the cards from the class. :)

Sharon Basel said...

Beautiful card Lis! It's fun to see your StampFairy challenge card - it's so adorable. Love how you did the egg and your color combo is very pretty. So good to see your creations here. Hope we continue to see you in the SF challenges :)
Hugs,
Sharon

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".