Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A feeling of Spring....

   At last things are starting to feel and look a little more like Spring.   The grass is slowly starting to green up and there are signs of flowers starting to bud up in my gardens.   The sun is shining brightly today and our temps are slowly warming up.  A big change after the snow we had the past two weeks and hopefully we are now on the way to wonderful warm days.

    Today I have three new cards to share and the first two were both created to help me think even more of Spring and flowers!   I also created my first two cards based on this week's Sketch  from the  Stars and Stamps Blog, which you can find HERE!  I am including a copy of the sketch below and would also like to invite you all to join in on any or all of these fun challenges! 


  
   When I started on my sketch card, I also wanted to tie it into a brand new challenge and started yesterday over at the new SCACD Friends with Heart Challenge Blog.   The very first challenge details can be found HERE, along with all the rules and details for joining the challenge.   


 
      And this is the second card, also created with the same Violet Cupcake Stamp, that I purchased from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design, making it eligible for that new challenge.  You can find a wide variety of Stamps and fabulous stamps designed 'exclusively' for Susana over at the store HERE!  


     My third card was one I completed yesterday and it was for the new color combo challenge over 'The Outlawz', which you'll find HERE!  Our colors this week were based on a wonderful inspiration photo which you'll find HERE and they are Brown and Turquoise, the two colors I used in this card. 



     I'm off now to head outside and see how my gardens are coming along.   Alex, (my son), has been doing a ton of Spring yard-work for me, thanks Alex.  I'm so luck to have him and very happy that he's been able to help me out so much this year, it's awesome!!!

      Have a wonderful afternoon and I hope you have time to create!!

13 comments:

airbornewife said...

what a pretty group of cards.. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Renkata said...

Hi Lis,
ohh dear you have been busy,lol.
Such a sweet and amazing cards have you created.
Thanks for join us at SCACD challenge.

Libby said...

Pretty set of card; I can't choose which one I like the most. :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Really nice job... Both are pretty cards.

Linda Palmer said...

Lis, all of the cards are so pretty. Love SCACD and intend to do the challenge too. It is a great sketch and one of my favorite images is the violets cupcake by Lockhart. You did a beautiful job of coloring it. So glad you are feeling better about the weather.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, these are very pretty, love the clean style. Hugs xx

Danni said...

Wonderful cards!! So pretty! Thank you for playing along with SCACD Friends with Heart!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards Lisa! CAS really are less is more!! Love them

Amy said...

Oh Lisa, these are fabulous!!! I am so excited for this warmer weather we have been having too! And I can't wait for summer vaca!!! AHHH, the beach won't be able to keep me away! I would love to come soak up the sun with you:)

Julie said...

Pretty cards, Lisa! I love the layered scalloped circles you did on your sketch card. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Lisa~~very nice!! Love the images and sweet cards!! Thanks for joining us at the first SCACD Friends with Heart challenge--Good luck!!
Smiles

Mel said...

Very pretty cards and I love your colors.

Lorraine said...

Your cards are lovely! I've never seen that cupcake stamp - so cute! Got to go check it out, lol. Thanks so much for joining our first SCACD Friends with Heart challenge!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".