Friday, April 22, 2011

I Love Purple Peeps? Do you?

    Today is another pretty good day, not that we are having great weather, but I was able to sleep in and woke up feeling pretty good.   Hubby is home today and doing some work on my car to get it ready for the annual State Inspection Sticker, which is one task I love handing over to him.

    And me?   I'm working on some cards and basically relaxing and spending a peaceful day in my craftroom.  Tomorrow, I will venture out to pick up a few little goodies to finish up the treat bags I am making up for my guys as a little Easter gift.  Now that my boys are grown the Easter Bunny not longer makes a stop here, but I still like them each to have a little treat, so I make up my own little goodies bags.  I already bought some yummy treats and will pick up a few more while I'm out tomorrow.   We all tend to like different types of candy, so I make them all a bit different.   In our family, I am the only one who LOVE Peeps, so hubby or one of the boys will generally buy me a package.  Not that I need a whole package, but I do love them and this is the only time of year you can find my favorites, which are the Purple Bunnies!!!  Yummy!


    How about you?  Do you have a favorite Easter Treat?   Growing up I always was very excited to find Peeps in my Easter Basket, but I do remember they were only in yellow back then.   How about you, do you like Peeps?   If so, what color or style do you like?  Post a comment and tell me!

    Okay....moving one, before I really start craving Peep, I have three new cards to share today.   The first card was created for some new challenges and is fun little card that reminds me of Spring and Summer.  It features one of my favorite Bears (Lenny) from StampFairy and in this card, he's all decked out as an adorable Lady Bug.  


    My Lenny Lady Bug card was created and inspired to these challenges!   I hope you all join in and play along:

   My second card today features another wonderful digi image and this one is from 'Wax Fruit Company' and features a gorgeous Cherry Blossom.  I have created other cards with this and used the same again today, only this time, I paper-pieced the flowers for this week's CAS Challenge over at SSC.


     Paper-piecing is fast becoming one of my favorite techniques.  I especially love to use it for outfits on character images and backgrounds for other projects.   For this image is the flowers and stems have been paper-pieced and the rest of the image was colored with Copics.  I used a Stampin' Up top note die to create a background frame for my image and used my Grand Calibur to cute this shaped card.   This card is also being submitted to these new challenges:

     And next I have a new card to share that was created for more fun challenges and was inspired by this week's Challenge over at  By Lori Designs!    This is a copy of this week's color inspiration image and I thought it was very pretty and fit in very well with Spring and Easter.

Challenge #14

My Card
  I chose to use little 'Ella' for my card.  She is one of Lori's Lollipops and you can find her along with several other sweet friends HERE in Lori's store.  She is one of my original Lollipop images and one I really love to color.    My little Ella card is also being submitted to these challenges:
   And now I am off to rest a bit and scope out some new challenges!  If you have any you would like to suggest, please leave me a comment and I'll be sure to check them out!   In the meantime, I also want to wish all those who celebrate a very nice Good Friday and a Wonderful Easter.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! Is that faux stitching on the Ladybug? Don't like peeps...love Jordan almonds..yum! Pat K

Paula S. said...

Beautiful cards! I love that scalloped B&W print that you frame the ladybug in. Yes, I love PEEPS too... as a matter of fact I love candy in general so Easter usually finds me buying a little of just aboute everything in the aisle. :) Happy Easter!

Deb said...

Beautiful cards, in the UK we didn't know peeps but now we are in the US our kids love them, any colour!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

MaryB said...

Absolutely adorable card. I love your color combination. Have a Happy Easter.

Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Hi Lis!
What cute cards! I love Lenny as a ladybug. He is just adorable whatever he's doing. LOL And your card is adorable.
I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling well enough to make 3 cards. That's great!
I just love that cute little Ella too. What a cutie pie.
Thanks so much for joining in our “Thinking of You” challenge at Craft Us Crazy and hope you will join us again!
Happy Good Friday & enjoy your Easter!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Anonymous said...

Lis, I like all Peeps, but try to eat very few. They just put a smile on my face. People in the candy aisle must think I'm crazy, standing there smiling at nothing but Peeps. I love all of your cards today. I can see why you like paper piecing, you are very good at it.
Me-not so much. Lenny looks like he is in a Yoga position. LOL Have a great weekend. Talk to you soon.
Donna

Anita said...

Fabulous cards. Thanks for joining in the LCI Challenge this week.

Unknown said...

So many gorgeous cards! I love the shape card! As for the Easter candy--hands down, it's Starburst original jelly beans for me. I cannot stay out of them!

Sandra said...

Beautiful cards...thanks for joining us this week at TPS.

Take care
San x

Vivi Casale said...

this is so adorable Lis.. I`m happy to know you too like Lori`s stamps!
I have this gorgeous girl too, have her colored but need to make a card for her!!
Good luck in the challenge!!
xxx
Vivi

cowboydutrem said...

Love the cute bear/ladybug + love the colors of the By Lori card. Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS.......

Hugs
Judith

stempelfeest said...

This Ella really rocks, love how you have used the color combo! thank you for joining us at BLD Challenges!
x Mariska

Frances said...

Lovey card, I like Ella image very much I think it's my favorite, nice color combo, I surely love peeps too, any color!!!LOL.hugs, Frances

Sharon Basel said...

Beautiful cards Lis! I love the BLD card - such a wonderful design and lovely soft colors. Thanks for playing in the By LORi Designs challenge!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Brook said...

Cute card Lisa. Isn't she just a cute image? Great job with the color challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at the By LORi Designs Color Challenge.

Jodi said...

Beautiful cards! The flowers look great paper pieced. Thanks for joining us at Claudia & Co.

Christine Pennington said...

Thanks for playing along with us at DDH! Great cards!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".