My first card was created for two fun challenge and the initial inspiration came from today's new POM challenge over at 'The Outlawz'. POM stands for 'Prisma and Other Color Mediums" and is one of my favorite challenges, as it's keep me thinking and coming up with new ideas. I LOVE my Copics and coloring with them, but I also love to try new ideas, which makes this challenge a plus for me. The card I created today features another of the fun Distress Ink techniques that we used in Jennifer McGuire's workshop, last weekend.
I started by stamping this 'Poppy Collage' Stamp in VersaMark and then for this card, I used a Black Sparkle embossing powder (by Ranger). Once it was cool, I used my Tim Holtz blending tools to color the image three different Distress inks. I used - Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar. Once it was all dry, I cute out the size I needed and put it all together with some embellishments to make this Spring Card.
My 'Spring Themed' card is being submitted to these challenge and you are all invited to join me!
- The Outlawz - POM Challenge - Eastern or Spring Cards
- Flutter by Wednesday - Challenge # 151 - Butterfly, Angel or Fairy (Required)
Additionally, I created a second 'Spring Themed' Card and this one was inspired by a wonderful Sketch created by Clare Prezzia at SSC, for this week's card challenge.
My 'Springtime' card!
This card was really fun and easy to create. I started with this cute little Spring Sentiment, which is actually a digi sentiment from Rainbow Echo Designs. I printed out the sentiment, edged it with lavender ink and then cut it out with a new Nestie Die. Next, I embossed a piece of lavender cardstock in my Cuttlebug and created a side border with a punch I love from Stampin' Up. My little Butterfly and all of the flowers on this card are from Prima and I bought them at Susana's store, one of my favorite places to shop for Scrap Goodies!! My background paper is also from Susana's and is from Memory Box.
I am off now to look to finish up a few more cards and hoping that maybe the winds will die down a bit and that some of the clouds will go away. Still waiting for Spring....feel free to send me some warmth sunny days!!
I am off now to look to finish up a few more cards and hoping that maybe the winds will die down a bit and that some of the clouds will go away. Still waiting for Spring....feel free to send me some warmth sunny days!!



4 comments:
Lisa your cards are fabulous, both are so pretty.
:) Lori m
We are starting to get some sun in California.... It has been a cold, cold year! Love your cards Lisa. You always do such a great job!
Hugs,
Marie
Hi Lisa this is beautiful the colours, papers, flowers and central sentiment look super.
Hugs
Lorraine x
very pretty cards - LOVE the purple! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week!
Post a Comment