Monday, April 4, 2011

Buzzing by....with some bittersweet news!!

  Today is a bittersweet day for me as this will be my last card as a Design Team Member for StampFairy.  It's been a very difficult decision for me to have to step down from my tole on the team, but I know it's for the best.   I have totally enjoyed being on this wonderful team and it's been such a pleasure to create with so many talented ladies.   I'm so grateful for the opportunity that Gerda and Jackie have given to me and I am going to miss being on the team very much. 
 
  My choice to leave is strictly for health reasons, simply one of those times, when I feel like Fibro is winning me over and telling me to get more rest!   It's hard to have to give up somethign you LOVE, but I know that sometimes it's best to take some time to heal and start fresh.  My mojo is just not there and making cards is starting to feel like 'work' and taking away the fun.   I do hope that once the weather is warmer, and once I start to feel better, that I can actually get outside, and hopefully spend some time at the beach.   I can not WAIT for warm sunshine and Summer is always when I feel the best. 

   On a happy note, I am excited to let you know that StampFairy has a added a brand new Team Member, Annette (Netty), who had been the Guest Designer for the month of March.  I am very excited for her and totally enjoyed the time I had with her on the team.   I am also happy to announce that Larissa will be joining the Team as the Guest Designer for the month of April.  Larissa has participated in many of the challenges and is another fantastic designer.  I know both of these gals with be fabulous additions to the team and I wish them both lots of fun and success.  I will truly miss you ALL very much.

    I could not leave without taking part in one more challenge and today I have a really FUN and HAPPY card to share.  It will be my last card as a Design Team Member and it's very special to me for that reason.  I'm also happy that this week we had a really fun new Sketch Challenge and a gorgeous sketch to inspire us.  You can find all the details over at the Challenge Blog and I hope you'll all play along!


 Challenge Sketch
  Created by Gerda


My Card
Featuring Lenny Bee


   
  You can find Lenny Bee and all of the adorable StampFairy images in the store and now is the perfect time to shop as Gerda is currently running a fabulous 50% off SALE!!  Woohoo!  You can bet that I'll be doing some shopping myself!!   
Shop Here!

     I can say one thing for sure, I will continue to craft and create and the adorable StampFairy images will always be a part of my digital collection and you'll continue to see them often on my cards.  It's been so much fun to be part of the team and I will miss it very much!   My very special THANKS to Gerda for giving me a chance, despite my limitations.  It's been my pleasure to create with your adorable images and I am very lucky to have had this wonderful opportunity.  I wish you and all the girls continued success and much happiness.   Thank you!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a shame to say goodbye I have loved working with you over at Stamp Fairy.... I do hope you start to feel better as the warm weather approaches! Sending big hugs Jo xxxx

Nikbee said...

I love your card. So bright and cheery and the flowers are fab. I will miss seeing your gorgeous creations on the challenge blog, but you must do what is best for you.

Nikki x

Carissa said...

So sorry to hear that you are leaving the team but your health comes first. I have loved seeing your beautiful creations and I hope that we will see you participating in the challenges when your health permits. Hugs, Carissa

cdjcape521 said...

Lisa, I know you will feel better once the weather breaks! The north has had a terrible winter, and my prayers are with you~~your creations are wonderful, and I will continue to follow your blog. Chin up, YOU WILL GET BETTER!
Hugs, Cheri J.

Renkata said...

Hi sweetie,
I do hope you will take a rest and enjoy card making again.
I am on my vacation in my country, but when I am back I do have some card for you, maybe you alredy saw it.
Big Hug's
Reni

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Hey hun - so sorry to see you leave. You always had such kind and encouraging words for everyone (including myself. I hate to see you go and you make sure you get some rest and go relax! But make sure to come back and kick some Fibro butt!

Deanne :)

Gerda said...

Hi Lis

wanted to pop in to say Goodbye.. You might no longer be on the team but you will always be a friend..

Hope you will feel better soon, summer is on the way..

Gerda

Jennifer Scull said...

oh gosh, I am so sad for you because I know you have enjoyed this team so much... but your health and well being MUST take priority. I love your card, btw. you have such talent, but that does NOT go away.....

love to ya, girlfriend! :)

Tracey said...

Aw Lis, soo sorry to see you go & will miss you & your fabulous creations. Look after yourself & I hope you keep well.
I love you card & the fresh colours :)
Take care sweetie.
Big hugs
Tracey
xxx

Larissa said...

Hi Lis,

thanks for the warm welcome to the team! I am sorry to hear you are leaving! Your card is really adorable and I love that cute bee bear!

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

What a surprise and what a sad loss to our team, so sorry to read you are leaving, hoping you will be better, take care and get lots of rest. and your card is gorgeous, love the yellow spring colour, so fun xxx

Linda Palmer said...

Hi Lis!

I know you hate giving up this position on the DT but you know your body best and if it is telling you more rest, then that is what you need. My prayers are with you and hoping also for the weather to warm up for you so you will start feeling much better. I love your blog and your cards. They are always such happy cards and that is how I think of you as always smiling.

Annette said...

Hi Lis, thanks for the welcome onto the team, and while I'm thrilled to join in, it is sad that I won't get to work with you. You have left some truely lovely comments and I always feel special when I read them and know they're not "copied and pasted" like some DT do. Your cards are lovely and this one is no exception with the bright colours and lovely Lenny bee. I really hope that you're feeling better when the warmer weather comes. I hope to see some more of your lovely creations as one of your followers. Hope our paths cross often in blogland. Annette xx

pinky said...

Ah Lis I am so sad you are leaving us:( You know how much I admire your stamina and creative expertise. Your talent will be missed by everyone at StampFairy I'm sure. But on the other hand I do hope you get some well earned rest to help with your illness. Big Hugs pinky
Of course I should say your card this week is full of sunshine and gorgeousness:)

Lisa said...

Awww Lis, you take care of yourself, you will be missed very much, love your creativity and your always positive outlook, you keep in touch and I will too, sniff, sniff :(

coldwaters2 said...

Oh no Lisa I couldn't believe it when I saw your comment to say you were leaving the team I will truly miss working with you but I will stay your follower as you always give so much inspiration and encouragement. I can understand totally that your health comes first and how difficult the decision must have been, I have had to make them myself recently and found it heartbreaking.

I love, love your beautiful card you have used wonderful colours and image I love it. Take care and see you soon.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Goodness me! what a shame, sorry to see you going! take care... and keep in touch! love your card Lenny is such a super star! love to see you come play with us sometimes too! when your feeling up to it hugs Samantha :0)

Emma H said...

This card is so sweet, I just love your little Lenny Bee!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".