Monday, April 11, 2011

A Rainy Monday...

  It's another rainy Monday and here I was thinking it was going to be a lovely 70 degree day!  Nope...at least not here on the coast, it's damp and cool, but also a good day for crafting and relaxing. 

  I have two new cards to share now and my first one, was started yesterday and based on the Sketch Challenge being hosted over at the Stars and Stamps Blog.   This is a copy of this week's Sketch, which you can also find on the blog HERE!


Sketch 64
My Card


    
   My little Bunny card features a digi image from DigiStamp Boutique, which I colored with my Copics.  The strips of paper are from my scrap bin.   I used my Grand Calibur to cut both my image and the larger scalloped background.   It was a very easy and happy card and I think it will be perfect for anyone...a Mom, a Dad or even the kids!   I am also submitting my card to the April Give-Away hosted by DigiStamp Boutique, which you'll find HERE!!    It's a fun monthly challenge for anyone who loves to create with DSB iamges!
     
    My next card was created today with a brand new Digi Image I bought yesterday from Wax Fruit Company, one of my new favorite digi stores.  This card was created today for this week's Greeting Card Challenge over at "The Outlawz".  Our challenge was to create a card, leaving at last 50% all white and this is the card I created with my wonderful new cone-flower digi.


 

     And that's it for now!  Looks like the sun might break out for a bit and hopefully the rest of the day will be a nice one!

10 comments:

Chrissy said...

As the Carpenters sang' rainy days and Mondays always get me down' but at least your cards are sunny and pretty,love the wee bunny, ever so cute and your new flower digis is beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Roxann said...

What a cute little Hunny Bunny! I love the Wax Fruit digi you colored and tha card reminds me of a cool glass of lemonade!

Jen M said...

Super cute cards!!!

Linda said...

Cute bunny card-great coloring! Purple coneflowers are my fav but it looks good in yellow.

Paula S. said...

Great job with the OWH sketch. That bunny is adorable and I like the combination of the small scallop and the bigger bold scallop together. Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Awww these are so pretty, love the clean style and soft colours on the second one xx

Julie said...

What a sweet little bunny! I love the striped paper you used as an accent, too. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sherry Hickey said...

Love the sweet bunny and bright big scallops on card #1; your flower card is just beautiful, too!!

Yvonne said...

Love your cards! Your bunny is darling and I love the inked edges on your flowers. Thanks for sharing your cards!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a gorgeous card. I love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining in the monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".