Friday, April 1, 2011

Are you ready for the beach???

    I know I sure am, especially the our  never-ending winter weather!   Can you believe that we have snow here again, it's true and I promise you that is not an April Fool's Joke!    Thankfully, here on the coast - we will only have a few inches, and as much as I can barely stand the thought, it's a lot better than the 10-12" that some areas of the State may get!!   Yikes!!

    I'm trying avoid even looking out this window today and instead, I will dream of lounging in the sun on a warm beach!   It's also been easy to picture myself on vacation, as I'm trying to live vicariously this week, along with Brian and Alise, (my son and his wonderful girlfriend), who are currently having a fabulous vacation in Belize.   From what I've heard from them, it sounds very much like a wonderful little paradise and place and is perfect for those who love the ocean and beach.    They are actually on a tiny island off the coast of Belize, called Ambergris Caye.    Maybe it's a vacation spot I can add to my wish list, for the future.

    Today, I have have a really cute new release from StampFairy to share today and this also has helped me thing of Summer days at the beach and warm sunshine!  Introducing 'Herb Summer'  - who is available in the store today and he is also enjoying his own little beach vacation -- Lucky little guy!!


  This is a preview image of the entire set and now that I have seen them ALL,  I have already ordered more for my collection!   He's adorable and one of my favorites is Herb with his Surfboard and also the cute little image of him enjoying some watermelon!   How fun!! 


    I also have two new cards to share with you and both feature this cute cuddly bear.  I seem to be missing my mojo this week and after making three different cards for this release, I just wasn't really loving any of them.  The first card has already gone to the recycle bin and I'm sharing both my other cards today and I'll let YOU decide which one YOU like best!   I simply could not make up my mind and maybe you can help me.

 Card One
You are my Sunshine
Card Two
Life's a Bear
 
  My 'Life's a Bear' card was also created and inspired for these challenges:
     I'll be curious to know which you prefer, so please leave a comment and let me know.   I also want to invite you over to the StampFairy Blog to check out the FABULOUS card the rest of the Design Team created.  They are ALL awesome and seeing how wonderful they were, is when I became frustrated, as I really like them ALL so much more than my own.   Just one of those weeks, and I know we all have them.
 

  I also want to remind you that there is still time to play in our current challenge, which is over at the StampFairy Challenge Blog.  The girls have also put together some fabulous inspiration and we would LOVE for you all to play along!!  

   Have a Happy Friday and a wonderful weekend!!!  

13 comments:

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Lisa!
what fun cards. I love them and as I live near the beach these would be great stamps to get.
Hugs maz

Mel said...

Lisa, they are both fantastic. I love them both.
Hugs

Amy said...

I am right there with you on that beach Lisa! Let's go to Belize together!!

Love these images, they are so cute! The surf board one is ADORABLE!! Your cards came out SO CUTE!!!

Unknown said...

These are fantastic cards Lisa, but of course my preferred is the one with embossing, I love embossing. .. had to click on Belize and see whats its all about, wow sure looks like paradise xx

Tracey said...

Hi Lis, I love both of these cards :)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Danni said...

Very cute and sweet cards!!

Julye said...

Two fab cards thanks for sharing with us all here at Penny's and good luck.

Christel said...

Really cut! A nice card! Love the colours and teddy.
Tanks for joining Charisma cardz this week. Good luck

sammi said...

Fab card, both of them! Absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion in our "Grin and Bear It" challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa two great cards both colourful and full of sunshine love them thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Courtney said...

Absolutely adorable Lisa!! I love the paper piecing!! Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's. Good luck!

Courtney~

Gem said...

beautiful creations! Thanks for joining in this weeks Bling and Sparkles challenge at Charisma Cardz and good luck! Gemma :)

joy said...

Love both your cards, but the red one certainly is my favorite. Thanks for joining us in the Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".