Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to School - Weekend Crop Party!!

     Today, is a gorgeous day, but it also has that feeling of Fall.  The air is lovely and has a little bit of coolness, very refreshing.  A perfect day to open all the windows and let all this nice air in.  It's also a good day for crafting and creating and I feel like now is a good time to really get rolling on my Fall cards.

     I have been picking up Fall Paper and Fall images for awhile and I have already made a nice start in my cards, but today I really feel inspired to create more.  My first card today was created for a challenge over the Simply Scrapping Crafts for their "Back to School" Crop Weekend, which you can find HERE.   I decided to start with Maureen's - Period 2 - School Supplies.  This is an outline of the Challenge that I copied over from the SSC site --
 
Period 2:
 
  You have just received the following list from your teacher, incorporate or use at least 4 of these items on your card, project or layout. Be creative & have fun.    When posting, please tell use which supplies you used.

1. Markers
2. Notebook
3. Paper Clips or Staples
4. Ruler
5. Scissors

  For my card I used Copic Markers to color my image, I used Staples to attach my ribbon to my card base, I used Scissors to cut my ribbon and some of my cardstock and I used a Ruler to measure my pieces.  In the end, I have this cute little card, perfect for Fall and Thanksgiving!


  I'm off now to check out what other challenges I can join in during this Crop Party.  Hop on over to the PARTY and join in on the FUN!!

   Afternoon Update -  I completed two more chalelnge cards for various 'School Periods' over at SSC and I am back to share them now.    My first card for "Detention" that was for this challenge

  Period 6Detention

   For goofing off in Drama, Art & Language classes, you now have to sit with me in detention!!!  Here you must create a card, layout or project where you repeat the sentiment or title, 3 or more times.


   And after my 'Detention' break, I head back to class and I found myself in Language Class and our assignment was --  (Copied over from SSC) --


Period 5:  Language

   Use a language that is not your native language on your project.  If you need a little help, here is a good translation site and a site with lots of foreign language quotes.  

    And this is the card I created for the Challenge!  I Challenge YOU to find out what my Sentiment is?  It will give you a hint to my Nationality.


     I am having a blast!!  The girls have come up with so many fun challenges and there is still plenty of time to play for lots of great prizes and RAK's.  I'm off now to find another class to work on!!   :)
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Portuguese: Sending a hug?

ThePurplePlace said...

Yaay Colleen - You got it Perfectly!

Hugs to YOU my dear friend!

:)

Lisa said...

Hugs to you Lis!!! You just keep cranking them out!! Another set of great cards!! How do you do it Girlfriend?
Big Hugs!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".