Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

....and what a beautiful day it is again here in Massachusetts.  The skies are bright blue, the sun is shining brightly and the temps are fabulous in the high 70's.   A wonderful day to do anything you want and for me, it's going to be a craft day.  It's also my friend, Kim's birthday and I wanted to wish her wishes for a fantastic day - have fun at the beach Kim!

    I am still very very excited that I will be taking a workshop from Tim Holtz in October.  I think it's now sinking in how fabulous this opportunity is and I am very very thankful that he is coming my my LSS, (Absolutely Everything) and that I am am IN!!  All signed up and paid for and I don't need to bring a thing!  WOOHOO!!   When I left the store yesterday, only the Saturday morning class had been sold out, so if you want to try and get in, you might be able to give it a try.  The store is closed today for the Holiday, but you can call tomorrow and register by phone, if there are spots available.  All the info is in the link above.  If you are attending the Sunday morning class, please let me know, as that is the workshop I'm attending and I would LOVE to meet up with some of my online friends!  

   I also had a great time shopping yesterday and found some fabulous deals, so I'm ready to create and I have two cards to share now, that I created based on this week's Sketch Challenge over at the Stars and Stamps blog.  Here is a copy of the sketch -
 
   The challenge is to use the sketch and also create a Thank You card and include the color yellow on your card.  These next two card are interpretation of the sketch and both are Thank You cards that will be sent off in my next batch to OWH!   




   Both cards were created with this wonderful new digital stamps I bought last week from 'A Day for Daisies'.   I loved these daisy designs and I think they will work on many different styles of cards.  A Day for Daisies, is also a group over at CDAC and you can find the group HERE.


   I am off now to work on some more cards and want to remind everyone about the big BIRTHDAY BASH all month over at Operation Write Home.   The Stars and Stamps blog will host a new challenge every day this month and there all kinds of prizes and wonderful inspiration!  Hope to too you there - for more details, please go here

3 comments:

Sandy said...

What cheery cards - great job!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Sandy!
You are always so kind and sweet! :)

Dolores A. said...

Love your color combinations ....makes a great card for this sketch.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".