Monday, September 13, 2010

Rainbows and Autism!

  I have a very special card today and it was created for a variety of challenge blogs who are all hosting 'Autism Awareness' Challenges this week.  I also know that the Awareness Ribbon for Autism is a rainbow of beautiful colors, so its' very fitting that a Rainbow theme is on my card today.  This is a image of the 'Autism Awareness Ribbon' -

   If you would like to learn more about Autism, please visit this site for more information.  This is the website for the Autism Society of America and I found it had a lot of wonderful information. 

  My card today was creating with a Rainbow Theme and is being submitted to all the wonderful blogs, who are hosting the wonderful  Autism Awareness Challenges this week.   My sweet image was designed by Lori Boyd and is also special in it's own way - It's called Macie's Rainbow and you can read about Macie and the 'Mission 4 Macie' over on Lori's Blog Here!


   I am also touched by anyone who have to live or deal with any type of illness and I am also a great support of Breast Cancer Awareness and also of  Fibromyalgia Awareness, as both has touched my life.  I am a Fibro Survivor and currently live each day with this illness, and my Mom and best friend, Kim are both Breast Cancer Survivors.   I am proud to be an advocate of Breast Cancer Awareness, please look to the left on my side-bar and 'Click Every Day' - it's Free and helps sponsor Mammograms.  I am also proud to support Fibromyalgia Awareness and a member of the National Fibromyalgia Association.   I continue to HOPE each and every day that there will be cure for both illnesses.

  I also hope that this post will help us all to think about all those who are currently living or dealing with any chronic or long term health issues.  I wish everyone good health and remind everyone to be thankful for each and every day that you do feel well!!   It's such a gift - enjoy it!!

   My card is being submitted to the following challenges:

 
   Hugs,
   Lisa
  Update:

    Thank you ALL very much for the sweet, kind and caring thoughts and comments.  I really enjoyed taking part in all of these challenges and truly love making card!

  I am very happy to announce that I won this chalelnge over at the 'I Did It Creations'  and I'm truly touched!
   
Hugs,
   Lisa

28 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thank you so much for sharing this cute Rainbow card with everyone Thank you for joining us at I Did It Creations Challenge. You did a very inspiring post to go with.

Jasmine Wilmany said...

I love the sparkles!
☁☀☁
Jasmine Wilmany
http://www.jasminewilmany.com

Paula said...

fab card Lisa, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Paula xx

stitchy said...

Lisa, first of all your card is absolutely fabulous...love the color purple so that is a plus, and the sparkles and ribbon are perfect - thank you so much for sharing this and your story with us at OSAAT on this very special challenge - hope to see you again - good luck

stitchy xoxox

Laney said...

Hi Lisa super card!! thanks for joining in with this very special challenge at OSAAT would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Liz said...

Wow wonderful really lovey

THanks for joining OSAAT on our special challenge I wish you luck for the draw too also I have awarness for Cameron commenmt candy on my blog click on my name go to buttons and bows blog
Liz x

LORi said...

Lisa you are the sweetest and i am so honored to call you friend!!

HUGs - LORi

TinaB said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for playing this special challenge at The Crafty Pad xx Hugs Tina xx

uksharon said...

Lovely card, love the little girls dress. Thanks for joining in with this challenge at OSAAT this week.

Unknown said...

I do love purple and this card is pure joy for me. Sweet card, well made. Very interesting to read you words since I am blessed to be healthy and I am thankful for every day, have friends with fibro and I can not understand how they feel and cope, love to you all and wishing you all the best! Thanks for sharing and helping spreading the word about austism and the challage at IDIC.

Choccy said...

I love your sparkle on this card.Its sucvh a cute image too.
Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT, for our special rainbow challenge.
Choccy x

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous card, i like all that sparkles. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs Nataliya.

Berry said...

This is just lovely! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this wk hugs Rebekah PS don't forget to join in with my comment candy ;)
http://berryliciousblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/osaat-charity-rainbow-challenge-for.html

Kayla Marie ~ said...

This is really cute :) Thanks for joining our special challenge at OSAAT this week. Pop over to my blog for some comment candy http://kmt32894.blogspot.com/

Margreet said...

Lisa....this is a great, bright card with a cute image...thank you very much for joining our charity challenge at OSAAT!
xxx Margreet

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabulous card - super cute image - thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations and OSAAT this week x

Sarah said...

Wonderful post, and a great card! I love the image and the story behind it. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.
xxx
Sarah

Jennie said...

Thank you so much for joining us in the Autism Awareness challenge at IDIC this week.

Your card is stunning xx

Brenda Brown said...

You are a star Lisa, what a lovely story you told there. I love the gorgeous image and the way you have coloured it in.
Thankyou for entering your fabulous card into our special challenge at OSAAT this week and thankyou for taking the time and making the effort to support us. Good luck.
Luv Brenda xxxx

Lisa said...

This card is so cute!! I love the colors and it is awesome that you are supporting Autism Awareness!
Big Hugs!

Debbie said...

Hi Lisa, what a lovely card - very nice rainbow. :) :) :)

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Pad this week. :)

xxDebbiexx

chrissy xx said...

Gorgeous card. LOve it. Thank you soooo much for joining us at OSAAT's special challenge.
Chrissyxx

Gurkiss said...

Realy nice card.

Thank you for joining us at IDIC.

Hugs Gurkiss

Unknown said...

Hi, I love your card and the girl stamp is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xxx

Unknown said...

Super cute card, really pretty and love the purple, it's so fab. Thanks for sharing with us this week over at OSSAT.

Hugs Jo xxx

Carol Ann said...

Awww cute card love all that gorgeous purple. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week.
Carol Annxx

tsmiller!!@insightbb.com said...

Thank you so much for joining us for our latest I did It Creations Challenge Blog! I love your card, it is just great. We hope you will join us for our challenge this week. Thanks again and have a great Sunday!

Lisa said...

Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".