Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More challenge cards!!

  I am very happy to be back with two new cards that I finished up for challenges today!  My first card is for this week's 'Midweek Throwdown Challenge' over at the Stamps and Stamps blog and our theme is Halloween.  I also wanted to let everyone know that Operation Write Home is having a Birthday Celebration for the entire month of September, so please stop by daily for new updates all kinds of fun.  





  My Halloween Card for this week's challenges, was created with a fun little Witch image -- 'Higgelty' and I bought her from Tiddly Inks.   I hope you like her, she's a fun and happy witch and wishes everyone a Magical and Happy Halloween.


  
    My Magical Witch is also being submitted to the Challenge # 34 - at the Copic Creations Challenge blog, which you can find HERE!



  My next card was created with a few challenges in mind, and for this card, I chose one of Lori Boyd's wonderful Lollipop images and this little sweetie is Ella


   
  Ella is being submitted to the following challenges
   I also wanted to take a moment to send out my heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to my friend Colleen, who has now become a member of the Design Team for Party Time Tuesdays.    Colleen is a fantastic card-maker and will be a wonderful addition to their team.  I am very excited for her and wish her the VERY BEST!!   Way to go!

  Have a great day everyone -- I'm off to color some more!


20 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Great cards!

Love that embossed metallic strip on the top card. The second card is so sweet! I love the heart brads. Thanks for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!

Unknown said...

Lisa, these cards are so stinking cute!! I love your coloring, designs and the personal touches you always add! LOL I am surprise you don't have a real spider on the first one!!! j/k....Thanks for playing at PTT it means a lot to me!!

Danni said...

Such cute, wonderful cards!!

paige said...

Great cards! Ella is so sweet, but I do love the little witch too! thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Lisa I like both of your cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Operation Write Home!

Anna said...

Adorable cards! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

Cre8tiveVet said...

I love your Halloween card.

Linda Palmer said...

Both of these cards are adorable.

Sheri Gilson said...

Super adorable cards!! Love Miss Ella!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Lisa, you find the most adorable images! The little witch -- her patches, boots, curls -- is too cute!! I love your embossing, too; and little Ella is the sweetest thing.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Love your Magical Witch, and love the colors you used, too. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Card 1- Love the greens and purples together. Now, I don't know much about witches but that one doesn't look nearly as scary as she should be...she's sweet!

Card 2 - Awesome coloring on Ella.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

Jami said...

Fantastic cards!! I love the little star you added to her wand - that witch is adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!

Dianna said...

Very sweet cards! Thanks for coming to the party at Party Time Tuesdays this week!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a delightful card ! Good luck Lisa ! Smiles from Catherine

Paula S. said...

Hi Lisa, Both of these are really cute. I love the green and purple on the witch. I always enjoy checking in on your blog to see what you've been creating!

~jan said...

Ella sure is pretty birthday girl! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Operation Write Home said...

Aw!!! I love these images...your coloring is so sweet!

Heather said...

Fabulous colour combo and I love your cute magical witch.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you ALL very much! I truly enjoy crafting and it's a joy to create with really fun and whimsical images!

Hugs,
Lisa

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".