Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Feeling better...

  I am very happy to be feeling better this afternoon!  After watching HSN to check out the craft shows, I was inspired to work on a new card and this card was another card created for some challenges.

  The first think I did was head over to 'Mojo Monday' and print out this week's sketch, by Teresa Kline.  As soon as I saw the sketch I new I could use it along with the 'Recipe'  from today's new challenge over at 'A Crafty Little Place".

   I started by picking out one of my favorite Baby Bud Designs images, and this is sweet little Emmy, who just happens to me one of my favorites.  Then, knowing that this week's challenge at Mojo Monday was to also use 'scraps' I looking in my scrap bins and noticing lots of lavender and purple (of course), I decided to color Emmy in a sweet little Lavender dress.  Instead of coloring the flower she is holding, I added a tiny pink Prima Rose and then coated it with Glitter for some extra sparkle.  I followed the recipe (one flower, 2 designers paper and 3 buttons) from ACLP and along with the sketch from Mojo Monday, I completed this sweet little card.

 

  I am submitting little Emmy to these challenges and invite you all to join me:
  And now I think I'll have a snack and then see what HSN has to offer for the afternoon.  It was fun to see Tim Holtz on there this morning and I've had fun picking up some new goodies  The best part is that once you buy one item and pay regular shipping, ALL the rest of your purchases ship for FREE!!  Take a peek at this really pretty pearlescent cardstock I bought - 48 sheets for $9.95,  and check out the clearance prices on this DCWV set too!!!  WOOHOO!  I think I love to SHOP almost as much as I love to create!!

10 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Awww...what a sweet card, Lisa!! Love the sweet Baby Bud!! Wonderful job with this weeks challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along with ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

What a very sweet card. Looks like you got some pretty good inspiration from watching the HSN Craft shows. Glad you get to look forward to some new goodies. Hope to see some of them on your projects at A Crafty Little Place.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC~ACLP

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooooo adorable, thanks for playing along and for stopping by my blog...have a super great week!

enjoy *~*

Maria Matter said...

oh she's beautiful Lisa!!! the colors are lovely!
hugs & blessings!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Girls! :)

Lisa said...

This little Emmy is just darling!! I love the colors you chose and the little flowers and hearts are darling! Big Hugs!

Welcome! said...

Oh wow, how darling! I love how you put the prima flowers in her hand! Adorable Lis!
Hugs, Krista

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is so super cute! I love the flowers and Emmy is super adorable. Cute buttons too~! Thanks for sharing at ACLP:D

Nicole said...

Lisa, your card is just divine! I am in love with your triple heart button ensemble, just gorgeous all around! Thanks for facing the ACLP recipe challenge, hope you join us tomorrow for the new challenge, too! Blessings, Nicole - ACLP DT

~*Joni said...

Lisa what a cuuute card! I love that she's holding a flower with dimension, and look at those pretty buttons that you've paired with her! Wonderful job, the card is too cute for words with that sweet image. Thank you so much for joining us at ACLP this week!
~*Joni ACLP DT

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".