Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Friday!!

  It's a cloudy rainy day here today, but a day that is wonderful for spending in my craft room and that's exactly what I plan to do.

   I have been working on a few different challenges and I am here to post my first card, created with the new challenge over at 'Catch the Bug'.  When I first read that the challenge was called 'A stitch in time" I was worried that it would require sewing..and that is one thing I can not do, so I was very happy to create my card with one of the new "Sewing Bear" images and also create the look of faux stitching.  If you are one of those talent people, who can sew on cards...you'll love this challenge.

  Some day, I would like to try and find a small, lightweight and very user-friendly sewing machine, so I could try sewing on my cards....I love the look and envy those of you who have that fabulous ability. 
But, for now, I'm sticking to cardmaking and stamping, which I love.

   Here is my card and if you like this cute little guy, you can find him and his friends, over at the Bugaboo Store HERE!! 
 

   Being that it's cloudy here today, my picture is not the best.  On op of not being seamstress, I am also not the best photographer, but I sure do LOVE cardmaking, so I am off again to work on my next challenge!

   Have a Fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Lisa! This is so cute! Love the big ribbon. I have a little sewing machine for cards but it is by no means user friendly. It has a mind of it's own!!xx Jenny xx

Scrappy said...

What a fun card! Thanks so much for playing along at Catch the Bug's A Stitch in Time challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you will be back to play again next time! :)

Jackie said...

Oh this is adorable! I love the image and the stitching and how it all looks great together! Thank you for playing along in the Catch the Bug Challenge!

Lori said...

Lisa, I am right there with you. I can't sew to save my life. Luckily most sewing challenges let you draw on your stitches. Phew! I too envy those who can and do sew on their cards. I would love to find a small, user friendly sewing tool-does that exist? :)
Your card is adorable. I love the ribbon and how you colored this sweet bear. I'm glad you found the Catch the Bug Challenge at Bugaboo...I hope you will play along again next time. And did you see today's freebie? It's a cutie!
Lori

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Oh, this is SO CUTE! Thanks so much for joining BUGABOO's challenge at CATCH THE BUG blog!!

Tammy Miller said...

Thank you so much for entering Catch The Bugs Stitch in Time challenge this past week. We appreciate it so much and I love your card. Please join us this week for a special challenge helping OWH celebrate their birthday and helping make cards for Soldiers to send home as they are away. Thanks again. Tammy Miller DT Coordinator

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks so much everyone! I am very excited to find out I won this week's challenge at Bugaboo and equally excited to find out that Bugaboo is sponsoring the new challenge today at the Stars and Stamps blog!

YIPPEE!! Thank you very very MUCH!

Paul said...

Such a great colour scheme. Thanks for joining in with us a Catch The Bug this week for our Sewing and Fall challenge. Hope to see you again.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have some Bugaboo candy available on my blog if you fancy having a look.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".